Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

original routing credit? - off-schedule operation; self-rebooking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Was ticketed DCA-BOS-SEA. Long delay for first segment meant I'd misconnect at BOS. There were other options, in both classes of service, but B6 staff at DCA couldn't help.

Ended up booking a viable alternative. More money but I needed to get there.

On AA, my normal carrier, the protocol would be to contact AAdvantage Customer Service to request "original routing credit" AAdvantage posting of the itinerary purchased. Some agents balk, but in general they'll do it.

How about JetBlue? How best to phrase this, so they know what I'm talking about? "original routing credit" is kind of dense -- what's at issue is TrueBlue credit for a flight they sold me but ultimately couldn't provide; it's not really about routing.

If it matters, I'm Mosaic, and BOS-SEA would have been in Mint.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Credit in the TrueBlue program is based on what you paid. If you bought new tickets and flew on them then you'll get credit for the new spend. If it wasn't on JetBlue then you should get a refund from JetBlue for the trip they couldn't deliver but also no credit as no spend and no flying.

AA wouldn't grant ORC for a ticket that is refunded where you fly OAL that you arrange yourself and neither will JetBlue.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
AA wouldn't grant ORC for a ticket that is refunded where you fly OAL that you arrange yourself and neither will JetBlue.
My recent experience is exactly the opposite. To wit: Last week I was ticketed to fly on AA. A maintenance delay on the inbound aircraft was going to cause a misconnect. AA EXP desk could not find a same-day alternative on AA in the purchased class of service, nor any other airline with a same-day alternative in the same class of service. Agent annotated my record. AAdvantage CS posted the points in response to my brief request. Doesn't seem out of line to me. We had a contract where they were to provide certain travel and I was to pay certain money. They walked away from that contract, electing not to transport me for a reason within their control. Giving me back my money, with nothing more, didn't come close to making me whole -- and they knew it.

Not saying JetBlue would think about this the same way. But it was particularly sad with JetBlue because there were alternatives available on other airlines, but JetBlue has not entered into rebooking agreements with those airlines. Arguably that reflects JetBlue's origins in leisure travel. But selling a premium cabin (Mint), it's no surprise that passengers there have different expectations.

I don't claim JetBlue has a contractual duty to provide these points. I do think it's good business to do so. And so I'd like to ask. The purpose of my original post, above, was to ask how I might phrase this to make it most understandable to JetBlue staff who, perhaps, haven't often seen this kind of request.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think you got lucky with AA giving you credit for ORC and the refund. I would not expect B6 (or any other carrier) to do that regularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.