Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New JetBlue 40,000 points offer for business card: a question

Old May 6, 2018, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Doctor of Credit is reporting a new 40,000 points offer for the JetBlue business card, after $1,000 spend in the first three months: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barcl...0-point-bonus/

DoC also reports that the issuing bank, Barclays, often asks for business documentation for business credit card applicants. Does anyone have experience with whether or not they had to jump through that hoop for this card and, if so, how onerous a process it is?

Thanks for any help.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:27 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This thread discusses another Barclays co-branded business card:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...live-40k.html?
Old May 7, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks, mia.

Ironically, I applied for and was approved for that Barclays AA business card a few months ago without any hassle. (I hadn't made the connection between that and the Barclays JetBlue business card.) But the recent posts on that thread do indicate that at least some folks have to go through a ringer for approval.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Yes I had to show docs for the biz but was too lazy cause I had also been approved for a blue plus
Old May 22, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I got a mailer for 40K / 1K a few weeks ago. Applied today, went pending. They called me a few hours later. Result: denied by CSR. She said that despite a stellar credit history, it was impossible to approve after seeing 11 new accounts in the last 12 months. Refused to give me a firm answer on how many was too many (even when phrased as "how long should I wait for some to drop off?").
Old May 22, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry to hear about your rather ridiculous experience, but thanks for the useful data point.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Sorry to hear about your rather ridiculous experience, but thanks for the useful data point.
Indeed, opening 11 cards in 12 months to secure sign-on bonuses is ridiculous. How dare the companies not stop people from exploiting the programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.