Wiki Posts
Search

MCO customs and immigration

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
MCO customs and immigration

Hi - I am flying JetBlue from San Jose (CR) to JFK via JFK in 2 weeks. I haven't been in Orlando in many years, and never have arrived there from an International flight. Am looking for information on what to expect arriving at MCO, and what I need to watch for, especially with getting through customs and on to my 2nd flight.

Details: I do not have Global Entry. I will not be travelling with checked luggage. I am scheduled to have a 4 hour layover in MCO, with the possibility of changing to an earlier flight (approx 2 hr's after arriving at MCO), should I be able to get through customs and back air-side fast enough

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pretty straightforward, really. The immigration/customs facility is out in one of the "pods" of gates. You'll either reclear TSA at that point or be shuttled back to the main terminal and have to clear the regular security line. I don't remember which they typically use but I'm pretty sure I saw passengers shuttled out recently. At that point just back through security and to the gate.

MCO security lines can be a zoo and that will likely be the deciding factor in whether you're at the gate for the earlier connection or not.
Intheair2night likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sbm12
Pretty straightforward, really. The immigration/customs facility is out in one of the "pods" of gates. You'll either reclear TSA at that point or be shuttled back to the main terminal and have to clear the regular security line. I don't remember which they typically use but I'm pretty sure I saw passengers shuttled out recently. At that point just back through security and to the gate.

MCO security lines can be a zoo and that will likely be the deciding factor in whether you're at the gate for the earlier connection or not.
Thanks for the info. Given I'll be coming back in the late afternoon on the holiday weekend, I suspect I should downgrade my chances of being able to make the earlier flight. Cant imagine security lines will be great, though at least I'll have EMSpeed to help.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:38 pm

My experience a few months ago is that customs and immigration are in the same "pod" as where you arrive. If you are a US citizen or otherwise eligible to use the non-GE kisoks, immigration is fast. After customs, a B6 rep takes your luggage and then you go through TSA right there and go upstaira. No need to go to the main termina. There is no precheck st that checkpoint, but there was no line when I went through.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:50 am

Don't recall if this was mentioned download Mobil Passport Control App. sometimes it is faster than GE even.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.