FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   JetBlue A320 Interior Cabin Restyling (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1907237-jetblue-a320-interior-cabin-restyling.html)

AutoSlash May 2, 2018 10:17 am

JetBlue A320 Interior Cabin Restyling

Press Release - JetBlue Brings Humanity Back to Air Travel All Over Again With Highly Anticipated A320 Interior Cabin Restyling

Image highlights

Highlights:
  • In-seat standard power outlets + USB ports
  • Gate-to-gate Fly-Fi (widely available already)
  • Expanded Fly-Fi connectivity, providing coverage to nearly the entire JetBlue network.
  • 18+ inches of seat width
  • Adjustable headrests
  • Redesigned seatback stowage options, including an innovative elastic grid to accommodate a variety of customer items
  • 10.1 inch, 1080P high definition screen at every seat.
  • 100+ channels of live TV
  • Expanded collection of on demand movies, TV shows and video content, plus new gaming features.
  • Picture-in-picture function.
  • Enhanced, 3D flight map offering multiple ways to track time to destination.
  • New LED lighting, sidewalls and overhead bins
  • NFC paining turning personal handheld devices into remotes or gaming controllers.
JetBlue expects to complete approximately a dozen A320 restyles by the end of 2018, with the ability to complete multiple aircraft each month by 2019. JetBlue’s so-called A320 classics will be restyled first. JetBlue’s overall A320 restyling is set to take approximately three years.

Intheair2night May 2, 2018 10:31 am

Does the expanded Fly-Fi connectivity mean Fly-Fi will be available on routes that go beyond the US?

MSYtoJFKagain May 2, 2018 10:45 am

As to the FlyFi question, I think they mean full gate-to-gate connectivity and less interruption domestically. I do NOT think we'll see them with international connectivity.

Isn't this the update that will introduce the much-reviled crew area revamp as well?

AutoSlash May 2, 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain (Post 29707478)
Isn't this the update that will introduce the much-reviled crew area revamp as well?

Yes, I believe so:

JetBlue Drops Trays for Carts to Speed Up Service Out of Cramped Galleys
JetBlue CEO Admits Space-Flex Galley Isn’t Good for Crew
When even the boss doesn’t like cabin densification

bkojote May 2, 2018 12:49 pm

Are the new seats gonna be a dealbreaker for anyone?

RWPrincess May 2, 2018 1:39 pm

Not a deal breaker for me but I'm not sure I'll be flying without an EMS seat anytime soon

MSYtoJFKagain May 2, 2018 2:17 pm

Not a deal breaker for me at all. Still better than most Y domestic seats by a country mile.

sfozrhfco May 2, 2018 3:36 pm

The new cabins are so much nicer. Can’t wait for the new product to be installed. We have mostly A321s at SFO anyway, but it would be nice to get the new cabins for connections beyond FLL/BOS/JFK.

Gig103 May 2, 2018 5:53 pm

"most legroom in coach"
"an additional inch of legroom over our previous generation"

Is that a deliberate avoidance of the word "Pitch" because of use of slimline seats? I'm just thinking about how AA is claiming that even though their 737-MAX has 29" or 30" pitch "it feels more spacious". I haven't experienced it.

sbm12 May 2, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103 (Post 29709014)
Is that a deliberate avoidance of the word "Pitch" because of use of slimline seats?

Yes.

Originally Posted by Intheair2night (Post 29707418)
Does the expanded Fly-Fi connectivity mean Fly-Fi will be available on routes that go beyond the US?

Yes. Starting in 2019 with the new hardware the planes will be able to "talk" to the ViaSat-2 satellite which delivers coverage into Mexico and the Caribbean.

As to the FlyFi question, I think they mean full gate-to-gate connectivity and less interruption domestically.

There is already full gate-to-gate connectivity domestically.

If you mean the Space-Flex v2 lav/galley combo then yes. It is already on the A321s and will now fly on the A320s as well.

tphuang May 2, 2018 7:39 pm

not only mexico and Carribeans, notice how it nicely covers the majority of TATL flights also
https://www.viasat.com/viasat-2-cove...la-to-istanbul

MSYtoJFKagain May 3, 2018 9:16 am

I stand corrected, sorry. I didn't realize the G2G rollout was fleet-wide.

sbm12 May 3, 2018 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang (Post 29709302)
not only mexico and Carribeans, notice how it nicely covers the majority of TATL flights also
https://www.viasat.com/viasat-2-cove...la-to-istanbul

Yeah, but JetBlue doesn't have any of those right now. :p

MSYtoJFKagain May 7, 2018 6:55 am

*yet

(Please B6, make me a happy boy)

tphuang May 8, 2018 6:31 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain (Post 29724712)
*yet

(Please B6, make me a happy boy)

I've heard some news is coming out around shareholder meeting next week.