Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue A320 Interior Cabin Restyling

JetBlue A320 Interior Cabin Restyling

Old May 8, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Free agent
I have been hearing these rumors forever. Would love to see some real confirmation.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tphuang
I've heard some news is coming out around shareholder meeting next week.
That would be a moderately strange venue for such an announcement.

Separately, N568JB will be the next to convert. But it is not in the shop yet. :/
Old May 10, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Looks very nice! I have been on jetBlue's A321 recently from JFK-FLL and it was very modern, simple, clean, and well equipped. The B6 A320s are not bad at all, but they are beginning to show their age compared to B6's A321s or even DL's narrowbodies these days. I look forward to flying on one of these and definitely enjoy using jetBlue when I can. These cabins will keep B6 competitive, if not ahead of the curve for sure!
Old May 11, 2018, 7:19 am

Looking forward to a legroom review since the pitch was cut. Might not be as tight as feared with the slimmer seats.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Looking forward to a legroom review since the pitch was cut. Might not be as tight as feared with the slimmer seats.
Spacing (i.e. legroom) is same as on the A321s.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I'm just hoping the slim line seats, have some decent padding. The AS Recaro seats are torture for more than 2 hours. Not enough padding and arm rests the width of a broom stick do not make a comfy experience compared to older B6 and VX Y seats.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
I'm just hoping the slim line seats, have some decent padding. The AS Recaro seats are torture for more than 2 hours. Not enough padding and arm rests the width of a broom stick do not make a comfy experience compared to older B6 and VX Y seats.
737s are narrower, so A320 will always feel roomier, especially with the extra pitch. They saw the seat width will be 18.4 inch, which probably means the arm rests will shrink.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The sidewalls on the reconfigured aircraft are thinner, increasing cabin width. The downside of this is that the cabin soundproofing is decreased, so it's slightly louder.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
"most legroom in coach"
"an additional inch of legroom over our previous generation"

Is that a deliberate avoidance of the word "Pitch" because of use of slimline seats? I'm just thinking about how AA is claiming that even though their 737-MAX has 29" or 30" pitch "it feels more spacious". I haven't experienced it.
The 320 seats are pretty thick. I assume theyre taking pitch from 34 to 32 and they should easily be able to take 1-2 off the old seats, so in theory legroom could be the same. Of course then the question becomes how comfortable the seats are - not only initially, but in 5 years also.
Adjustable headrests (with wings) would be nice; cant remember if the 321 has them.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
These seats do indeed have adjustable headrests with wings.

Pitch is a measurement of the distance between one point on a seat, and the same point on the seat in front of it. It does not measure how thick the seat is. The decrease in legroom is noticeable, but there is still a decent amount of space.

The question remains - Will the Phase 1 refreshed cabins be converted to Phase 2 once the rest of the fleet have gone through Phase 2?
Old May 15, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
That would be a moderately strange venue for such an announcement.

Separately, N568JB will be the next to convert. But it is not in the shop yet. :/
https://twitter.com/WandrMe/status/994368101541122050
not only that, but based on what I heard from a pilot and saw on their pilot forum, E90 is toast. C Series order will be announced. And given that A320 cainb restyling has just been announced, this will probably be when the new mint cabin design get announced too. Since the L2 door can be moved on the A321LR, the premium cabin will be larger.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
not only that, but based on what I heard from a pilot and saw on their pilot forum, E90 is toast. C Series order will be announced. And given that A320 cainb restyling has just been announced, this will probably be when the new mint cabin design get announced too. Since the L2 door can be moved on the A321LR, the premium cabin will be larger.
Enlarging the premium cabin would be a mistake IMO. Also, the L2 door forward of the wing isn't moved. It is removed.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by ptownca
Exactly - not sure why people are looking forward to the new seats. I'll take the old seats and config any day. Comfortable, even for 6 hours. And they have proven to remain comfortable after years and years of service.
BearX220 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Exactly - not sure why people are looking forward to the new seats.
Better IFE screens. Tray tables that aren't falling apart. Better seat-back storage. Adjustable head rests.

Those are three reasons I'm looking forward to it. And that's just in the current iteration of the retrofit. The next round will be even better.
Sinter likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon

The 320 seats are pretty thick. I assume they’re taking pitch from 34” to 32” — and they should easily be able to take 1-2” off the old seats, so in theory legroom could be the same. Of course then the question becomes how comfortable the seats are - not only initially, but in 5 years also.
Adjustable headrests (with wings) would be nice; can’t remember if the 321 has them.

So, what will the seat pitch be for EMS on these new aircraft? It seems that JetBlue is increasing the total seats from 150 to 162, meaning two extra rows. When JetBlue first started flying in 2000, the A320 had 162 seats with 32" pitch and EMS did not exist yet. This tells me that the reconfigured A320 couldn't have much of an "EMS" section unless they are actually stealing space from somewhere else, since the seat count will actually be the same as when they first started flying. I thought they nixed the proposed galley and crew rest area reconfiguration?

Last edited by sltlyamusd; May 25, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.