Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

HNL-JFK (HA) to JFK-JAX (B6): TSA Check at JFK Required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One

I have an HNL-JFK tix on HA and I'm considering purchasing a B6 JFK-JAX tix for the same day I arrive at JFK from HNL. The HA flight arrives at 6:55 am. The B6 flight departs at 8:01 am, the same terminal. I need to take the 8:01 am flight, not a later flight. No checked luggage. Assuming I deplane by 6:55 am (historically my experience), I know I can get to the departing gate on time.

My question is that since the HA and B6 tix will have been purchased independently (on each airline's site) and I have no intention of going out and then back through TSA at JFK, will I get "dinged" and forced to go back through TSA when my boarding pass is scanned at the B6 boarding gate since I did not go through TSA with that BP and my HA BP that got TSA scanned at HNL has no record link to the B6 flight? I don't think it should but I'm not sure. Is it possible to link the HA and B6 records? Would it matter? Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nope. Just go to the new gate. The airlines have no record of when/how/where you clear TSA. If you're standing at the gate with a BP you're fine.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:14 am

Do you have checked luggage? I’m guessiing that since your “final” destination on HA is JFK, your bags will end up on the baggage claim carousel there and you will have to re-check them in with B6 and then go thru security again.
You also might be cutting it close with the luggage check-in time ... bags take forever in JFK, usually 30 minutes! So that’ll put you at 7:25am.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
If you don’t have checked luggage you’ll be fine. If you check, you’ll have to leave the secure area to get it
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The OP answers the checked bag question clearly:
Originally Posted by inlanikai
No checked luggage.
:-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.