Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes 04/25/18

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by hi55us
Wow, will be curious how the FLL-HDN flight will do... nothing even close on other airlines...
Yes, this is first nonstop FLL-HDN. It will operate for Saturday only service. I doubt it if those route has done very well.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I'm so glad they restored the daytime flights between JFK and BUR.

I'd like to see them do JFK to BZN.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
I know there's plenty of competition on Greater L.A.-DEN, but I'm surprised HDN is the first Colorado location from LGB.

Chris
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by rjburns
We NEED JFK to SNA w/ MINT. Please. Actually, I need IAD to SNA but that will never happen.
That would be interesting but doubt it would ever happen. SNA is slot restricted and the runway is too short for the A321 which B6 operates for MINT flights. Nice to see them back at ONT though.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:56 am

runway is the main issue for transcon from SNA. If they order C Series, that would make a lot of these transcons more viable, since A320s just struggle to get across the country with the shorter runways and in winter time.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I sure wish ORD was more than an afterthought on the B6 network.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Anyone know if its confirm that ONT will be part of the LA Area in terms of co-terminals?
LAX/BUR/LGB/(ONT)??

Thanks in advance
(sorry in advanced if i missed this elsewhere)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BearX220
Decent gate space is hard to come by, much like at LAX. That might get better after the major construction project, but that'll be a while.
Originally Posted by FobbyFlyer
Anyone know if its confirm that ONT will be part of the LA Area in terms of co-terminals?
LAX/BUR/LGB/(ONT)??
Probably, but I don't believe it is stated yet.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sbm12
Decent gate space is hard to come by, much like at LAX. That might get better after the major construction project, but that'll be a while.
Right. Not yet. They have wait for ORD T5 to start construction 9 more new gate expansion. They will moved over to entire T5 in a few years later.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Same here. I still want LA-Chicago back and I think they'd also do well with MCO flights. I'd even be open to them setting up shop at MDW if they can't get additional slots at ORD. Kind of ironic considering they just renovated and doubled the size of the gate area at ORD. I also flew in recently while they were using 3 gates simultaneously so they can handle the traffic. It's just the slots.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
I was disappointed to not see more flights from LAS in the announcement. Southwest obviously has a tight grip on things here, and now AS too, but as more of a "real destination" than some place like LGB, I have hopes that B6 could expand here.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:17 pm

unfortunately, they only have 1 gate there, so any kind of expansion is hard. They recently had to cut on JFK flights in order to allow for 2 additional flights to BOS. Maybe they will get one more gate after the ORD makeover. Also, I heard they tried to get a second gate, but the schedule they put in wasn't deemed to be enough. My guess is they are at the point where 1 gate is too squeezed, but they are not ready to add enough flight to fully utilize 2 gates. I think it will happen though. If the recent BOS adds go well, they maybe willing to add a couple of more flights next year and have a second gate.
BearX220 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That turn at Bozeman appears to be very short. Does anyone know if it's actually the same plane going back?
Old May 1, 2018, 8:00 am

I can't imagine they'd have spare aircraft in BZN.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yeah, I can't imagine them keeping an aircraft sitting around doing nothing at BZN either since it's not a daily route. Apparently 40 minute turns are doable.

Right now I'm looking at trying to get on the inaugurals, and the prices are not pretty. I'm booked on BOS-JFK-ONT. I'm looking at Bozeman and Steamboat Springs, and... YIKES! I'll probably pay it anyway, but I'd be paying over $1000 to sit in an economy seat just to get onto two inaugurals (I'll probably do BOS-LGB-BZN-LGB-FLL, stay a night in FLL, then FLL-HDN-BOS to save time)

What can I say? I'm a glutton for inaugurals.
sbm12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.