New Routes 04/25/18

Old May 2, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang
unfortunately, they only have 1 gate there, so any kind of expansion is hard. They recently had to cut on JFK flights in order to allow for 2 additional flights to BOS. Maybe they will get one more gate after the ORD makeover. Also, I heard they tried to get a second gate, but the schedule they put in wasn't deemed to be enough. My guess is they are at the point where 1 gate is too squeezed, but they are not ready to add enough flight to fully utilize 2 gates. I think it will happen though. If the recent BOS adds go well, they maybe willing to add a couple of more flights next year and have a second gate.
ORD traffic tends to be very seasonal. Last month they only had 2 JFK flights running daily. This month they have 5 daily(mostly A320s) as they usually do for the Summer months so they had to have pulled back on something else.

As I said in my previous post, when I flew in last month, they were using 3 gates at once which I've never seen before. I've seen them use 2 but never 3.

I really do hope they make this work at some point soon. It's such a pain to have to fly WN or someone else if I'm connecting from Chicago.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by diburning
That turn at Bozeman appears to be very short. Does anyone know if it's actually the same plane going back?
It is 45 minutes. That's completely reasonable for an A320 turn.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm on the Bozeman inaugural now. They've done a schedule change. It's now at least two and a half hours on the ground.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:57 pm

Only for inaugural

The 5pm departure time is the one-time only schedule change to accomodate the festivities for the inaugural flights.
It will go back to 3:12 pm departure time on Sunday. It is actually fairly typical for the short turnaround time and I have a feeling that catering is all done here in LGB. They just do a tidy-up.

Carfield
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:49 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Looks like the second (morning) LGB/BOS pairing is ending in early March. My morning return flight in June was canceled and they put me on the prior night's flight, I got them to switch me to the flight the night I was originally traveling on instead. That would have been my preference but it was much more expensive when I booked a month or so ago.

Between my wife and me we've been on 4 full LGB/BOS flights in the past 8 days, so I'm not sure why the cutback unless seasonal loads enter the equation. Hope they bring the second flight back in the fall!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That's unfortunate. I hope they don't pull the same stunt with LGB-JFK. They have 2-3 daily flights depending on the time of year.

I noticed on one of my recent trips that Delta has already taken over Gate 1 at LGB which is on the JetBlue side of the terminal.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I've never had a gate lower than 6 for JetBlue at LGB, and usually at "gates" 9, 10, and 11, which are all just long walks along the tarmac. I usually see Southwest and AA around gates 1 thru 4 or so, which are the gates to your left after security
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Looks like the second (morning) LGB/BOS pairing is ending in early March. My morning return flight in June was canceled and they put me on the prior night's flight, I got them to switch me to the flight the night I was originally traveling on instead. That would have been my preference but it was much more expensive when I booked a month or so ago.

Between my wife and me we've been on 4 full LGB/BOS flights in the past 8 days, so I'm not sure why the cutback unless seasonal loads enter the equation. Hope they bring the second flight back in the fall!
It may or may not have been a seasonal aircraft utilization flight. As far as I know, that morning flight to LGB usually fills up.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Hoping for BUR expansion with LGB being cut back!

BUR-FLL, more BUR-JFK, maybe even BUR-AUS, and not going to happen fantasy of BUR-IAD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.