Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Buy On Board Posting as Gate Charges

Buy On Board Posting as Gate Charges

Old Jul 7, 19, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
This also happened to me last month. I'm not even bothering this time.
That's just what they want!

I keep track and follow up even though it is a PITA. June 26th they FINALLY posted my credits ($22.50) from on board purchases April 3rd, 4th and 23rd. Purchases since then have actually posted correctly.
Old Jul 11, 19, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I called today to ask for credit and points on six on-board purchases for which I had not gotten the 50% credit or points. The person who took the call was clearly very very familiar with the issue. He politely put me on hold, confirmed there were six charges, and told me that he sent an email to his supervisor with all the necessary information and I should see the credit in two to three business days.

This is slightly different from the last time I called them - because that person was less aware of the issue. But it got resolved then and I hope it gets resolved now.

With all due respect to the customer service folks at Barclays - Hey JetBlue - get a new partner for your credit cards.
Old Jul 11, 19, 12:24 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Take us back to AMEX please.
Old Jul 13, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, D23 Charter Member, Southwest A-LIst, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by GottaLuvCruising View Post
That's just what they want!

I keep track and follow up even though it is a PITA. June 26th they FINALLY posted my credits ($22.50) from on board purchases April 3rd, 4th and 23rd. Purchases since then have actually posted correctly.
Thank you for the support. A myriad of B6 issues this year combined with my client mix changing have me strongly considering Delta after this year. I could easily be Platinum if not Diamond level and they know how to treat their loyal customers well. I'm been on a brief B6 break for the last few weeks now and quite honestly I haven't missed them. I will be back later this month though.

As for the credit card issue, it seems to me that they might be using the same Merchant ID number for in-flight and airport purchases hence why in-flight purchases are coming up as Gate Retail. Barclays or any other credit card issuer really wouldn't be able to distinguish where the purchase was made if that is the case. Since there are company moles here, my suggestion would be to use separate merchant ID numbers to pass through transactions from on-board versus in-terminal. This is not a lengthy or expensive process to fix and would save you a lot of customer service headache.