Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A320 cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

A320 cabin

JetBlue Airbus A320 cabin tour. This aircraft has 42 "even more space" seats and 108 Coach seats for a total of 150 seats
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
In all honesty, besides the "newest" A320's, JetBlue's A320 cabins are very, very tired. This cabin refresh can't come soon enough, does anyone have any updates on it?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:00 am

The first one is already in the shop. They say it may take 3 years to complete the work. I personally think they should've change 2 rows of EMS to domestic FC seats, but they didn't do that.
DCP2016 and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by tphuang
The first one is already in the shop. They say it may take 3 years to complete the work. I personally think they should've change 2 rows of EMS to domestic FC seats, but they didn't do that.
On the A320? Why?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
On the A320? Why?
The A320s run some pretty long routes as well as redeyes, would be great to have a "Mint Lite" with Mint service and Domestic F seats. Gladly would consider buying it on a route like BOS-PHX which is a 5 hour flight operated with an A320.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
The A320s run some pretty long routes as well as redeyes, would be great to have a "Mint Lite" with Mint service and Domestic F seats. Gladly would consider buying it on a route like BOS-PHX which is a 5 hour flight operated with an A320.
yep, routes like that and BOS/JFK-SJC/PDX/PHX/LGB or even 3 to 4 hour business flights like JFK-AUS or BOS-DFW. I think having 8 F seats instead of 12 EMS might be worth it. But that's certainly not in their plans.
hi55us and ptownca like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by hi55us
As someone who flies these non-Mint domestic transcons often, I don't hate this idea. It also could apply to some Southern Caribbean destinations like Grenada. I don't think it's needed on the mid-cons though. I'm just happy to finally have an A320 between NY and Texas.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
So JetBlue abandoned the (terrible) plan for the spacesaver restrooms in the reconfigured A320s? This is GREAT news!!!

Now the only downside to this cabin refresh is that the new seats will be much less comfortable (similar to the A321)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
As someone who flies these non-Mint domestic transcons often, I don't hate this idea. It also could apply to some Southern Caribbean destinations like Grenada. I don't think it's needed on the mid-cons though. I'm just happy to finally have an A320 between NY and Texas.
They fly Mint to a handful of islands already iirc.

I dislike the idea of FC on the A320's. Would further slow down the boarding process and to be honest, the only market that really demands an F cabin for B6 is transcon where they already have a terrific lie-flat product.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
They fly Mint to a handful of islands already iirc.

I dislike the idea of FC on the A320's. Would further slow down the boarding process and to be honest, the only market that really demands an F cabin for B6 is transcon where they already have a terrific lie-flat product.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by moulder3
So JetBlue abandoned the (terrible) plan for the spacesaver restrooms in the reconfigured A320s? This is GREAT news!!!

Now the only downside to this cabin refresh is that the new seats will be much less comfortable (similar to the A321)
Good news on the "space saver" lavs. See the reaction to AA lavs on the new 737-MAX planes... Thumbs down by passengers and crew.

As for the new seats, I hope and pray they are not the same Recaros AS has on the 737-800 and 737-900 models.. Torture after a couple of hours. Insufficient padding is the real pain there. VX has had 32" with decent padding since day one and DL has managed to have decent padding in their newest 737-900's. Just hoping the newer seats are decent.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by moulder3
So JetBlue abandoned the (terrible) plan for the spacesaver restrooms in the reconfigured A320s?
Nope.

The video is the old layout, not the retrofit.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Good news on the "space saver" lavs. See the reaction to AA lavs on the new 737-MAX planes... Thumbs down by passengers and crew.

As for the new seats, I hope and pray they are not the same Recaros AS has on the 737-800 and 737-900 models.. Torture after a couple of hours. Insufficient padding is the real pain there. VX has had 32" with decent padding since day one and DL has managed to have decent padding in their newest 737-900's. Just hoping the newer seats are decent.
my guess it will be most likely like the ones on A321 core and E90. Which is not so bad from my experience.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tphuang
my guess it will be most likely like the ones on A321 core and E90. Which is not so bad from my experience.
The new seats are the same ones as on the 200 seat A321 layout. No surprise there.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope.

The video is the old layout, not the retrofit.
This SUCKS. I heard from multiple FAs that B6 stopped the planned A320 retrofit (which was supposed to begin months ago) because of customer complaints. They just stopped caring about customer feedback and decided to proceed anyway?

So if it's back to the awful design with spacesaver bathrooms, does this mean it's also with the 162 seats (or something like that) instead of 150?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.