Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Blue Fare - Scored Two Free Bags!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Booked a "Blue Fare" flight to SJU. Booked in November for a flight in March.

When I completed the booking the confirmation page showed that each person has 2 checked bags included. I knew this was incorrect since the Blue fare does not include free checked bags. I chalked it up to a glitch and moved on.

When I received the confirmation email it had a reminder that said "You've purchased a Blue fare. This fare option does not include checked bags. You may pay for bags online (within 24 hours of departure), or upon arrival at the airport " That's fine, that's what I expected when I selected the fare.

Yesterday I received the following email from JetBlue:
Subject: Important Information About Your Upcoming Flight (uh oh - this is never good...)
Our records show that you are booked on an upcoming JetBlue flight to/from Puerto Rico. We want to make you aware that there was a technical issue with the Blue fare baggage allowance at the time you purchased your ticket. While this fare usually does not include checked bags, you are able to bring two free bags when you travel on this upcoming reservation.

Looked at my itinerary online and now it shows 2 free checked bags per passenger!
AutoSlash and hi55us like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.