Changing BLUE Fare

Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Changing BLUE Fare

First off, I realize this is my mistake, and am willing to suffer the consequences, but has anyone been able to change a Blue fare without having to pay the fee? I have a trip from Boston into Palm Beach - PBI in April that I'd like to change to Ft Lauderdale-FLL. I paid with points, and the fare would have been under $100, so I believe my fee would be $75 x 2 (wife as well). Anyone have any luck doing this without a fee? I am a TruBlue member if that matters...thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You can change it within 24 hours of booking for no change fee (fare difference only). After that, there is no official way to do it. You can call and plead your case and ask for an exemption, but your chances of success are small.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
If the fare goes down within 5 days of booking you can refare for free. Otherwise there is a fee .
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

So I sent JetBlue the email below, which pretty much sums up the situation, and they were gracious enough to change my itinerary! There was a cost variance for the Extra Room seats on the new flight compared to the old, but other than that, nothing. JetBlue rocks!

"Hello! First, let me apologize for being a man, as my wife would say that is what got me into this predicament. However, it was with the best of intentions. Planned a vacay down in Key west with my wife to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Booked flight down first, then recently booked the return flight. But, being a man (as my wife would say), I did not realize we are flying BOS to PBI, and out of FLL to BOS. Now I have no issue with the extra hour driving from PBI to Key West as opposed to FLL, however, I feel my wife would find more misery in that additional hour of driving then she has in our 25 years of blessed marriage. To make things more complicated, I know she would find more misery in paying $150 change fee for our tickets. So, I admit. I screwed up. Not the first time, won't be the last. Any chance I can change our tix out of BOS to FLL, with no fee? I haven't told my wife anything yet. My 25th anniversary happiness is in your hands... "
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:43 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by sjazz23
So I sent JetBlue the email below, which pretty much sums up the situation, and they were gracious enough to change my itinerary! There was a cost variance for the Extra Room seats on the new flight compared to the old, but other than that, nothing. JetBlue rocks!

"Hello! First, let me apologize for being a man, as my wife would say that is what got me into this predicament. However, it was with the best of intentions. Planned a vacay down in Key west with my wife to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Booked flight down first, then recently booked the return flight. But, being a man (as my wife would say), I did not realize we are flying BOS to PBI, and out of FLL to BOS. Now I have no issue with the extra hour driving from PBI to Key West as opposed to FLL, however, I feel my wife would find more misery in that additional hour of driving then she has in our 25 years of blessed marriage. To make things more complicated, I know she would find more misery in paying $150 change fee for our tickets. So, I admit. I screwed up. Not the first time, won't be the last. Any chance I can change our tix out of BOS to FLL, with no fee? I haven't told my wife anything yet. My 25th anniversary happiness is in your hands... "
Now that's the way to plead your case! Job well done!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.