Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Departure Delay Compensation...Yes or No - ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I experienced a departure delay of just over 2 hours...2 hours and 5 minutes, I think. In his pre-taxi greeting, the Captain made some mention of a jet being "broken" earlier in the day, and B6 having to deploy a new one to fulfill the rest of the day's schedule.

I have 2 questions:

(1) For a 2 hour, 5 minute departure delay, should I expect auto-compensation?
B6 documents I perused while waiting seem to indicate no, but in the past, I believe I have received automatic compensation for delays in the 2-3 hour range.

(2) This was a TrueBlue award ticket, i.e. I paid nothing except the Sept. 11 security fee.
Is departure delay compensation given on award tickets?

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:13 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

No, the delay must be at least 3 hours on a departure delay to received compensation. For an onboard ground delay on arrival, it's 1 hour or more. See JetBlue Customer Bill of Rights.

If your situation met the conditions then you would receive the appropriate level of compensation to your travel bank account good for future travel regardless of whether your ticket was originally purchased with cash or points.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, the delay must be at least 3 hours on a departure delay to received compensation. For an onboard ground delay on arrival, it's 1 hour or more. See JetBlue Customer Bill of Rights.

If your situation met the conditions then you would receive the appropriate level of compensation to your travel bank account good for future travel regardless of whether your ticket was originally purchased with cash or points.

Thanks for the detailed response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.