FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Jetblue Plus Card 10% Point back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1886539-jetblue-plus-card-10-point-back.html)

mirskyc Jan 5, 2018 6:17 pm

Jetblue Plus Card 10% Point back

i hold the Jetblue Plus Mastercard and i know one of the features is 10% points back on any flight redemption. Based on the FAQ on this site https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2245&cellNumber=7 I believe that I should get the points 4 to 6 weeks after booking the flight. I booked 2 flights in October and I have yet to see these points back. I contacted Jetblue on facebook and they told me

TrueBlue points should be credited to your TrueBlue account within 60 days after your purchases. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and ask for the TrueBlue department!
So this even more confirms that I shouldn't have to fly before I get the points.

So today I called Jetblue spent about 20 mins on hold to speak to someone and explained the situation. They disagreed with what I thought but said they would transfer me to the True Blue department. I was like ... I hit 2 when I called. 2 was suppose to connect me to True Blue. She tells me its a 10 minute wait and puts me on hold. I then wait about 10 mins and she tells me she's there there waiting fort the True Blue department. Another 10 minutes go by and she comes back to tell me that I have to fly the flights before the 10% points get deposited back into my account. The wording on the website is very exact, I really think I should get my points now. Personally I don't need them right away but other might need them. They need to fix the wording on this website if there policy is after the flight is flown.

I also have a recent email about the recent 15% points back rebate and the terms on that specifically say after the flight has been flown.

Just curious what everyone's experience with this feature of the credit card is. I just spent 40 mins on the phone and really don't want to call again and end up in circles.

AutoSlash Jan 5, 2018 6:30 pm

I agree with you that the T&Cs of the card do not say you need to have actually flown to receive the points:

Get 10% Points Back When You Redeem
You will earn 10% of your points back as a redemption bonus, to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem. There is no maximum number of TrueBlue bonus points that can be earned annually from this benefit. This benefit only applies to TrueBlue points redeemed from the primary cardmember's TrueBlue membership account. For benefit to apply, your Account must be open at the time of redemption. TrueBlue redemption bonus points typically post 4-6 weeks after your redemption.
That said, I guess it's theoretically possible that you could use your points for a refundable fare or pay the cancellation penalty and have the points redeposited before the flight date. In that case, they'd have to have their IT systems setup to properly debit the previously awarded points from your account. IME, JetBlue's IT competence is fair to abysmal, so I would not be surprised if they can't support the recoupment of the points, so they just wait until the flight is actually flown to avoid people gaming the system. It's just speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

coloneltigh Jan 5, 2018 6:35 pm

I booked a flight for my girlfriend LAX-BOS on points. The 10% was credited the day after she flew. I'd had forgotten about this benefit so it was a nice surprise. I agree the verbiage is incorrect unless you book close within 4-6 weeks.

andrewesque Jan 7, 2018 9:47 am

I've booked multiple award flights with the JetBlue Plus card now and it's always been my experience that you have to actually fly the segments to get the points, but that they're always credited by the day after the flight. I agree that it doesn't match what the T&Cs say, but I think it's for the reasons that AutoSlash says above.

Brighton Line Jan 8, 2018 6:46 am

From my experience for paying for my Mother they post after the flight is taken.
As to the wording I leave that to the lawyers or one on TV at least.

hand_solo Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Just wanted to say thanks all for the information. I'm having the same issue, where I've booked the flight some 10 weeks ago, but haven't flown it. I called Baclay and they directed me to the TrueBlue people. The TrueBlue rep appear to be clueless about this benefit, and escalated to a manager. The manager also seems unfamiliar with this, and agreed with me that the verbiage seem to indicate that points should be deposited 4-6 weeks after redemption, not actual flight. She promised to escalate to the engineering team and that my points should appear in my account in 3 business days. Of course, over a week later, nothing happened. I was just sitting on the phone with an estimated 30 min wait time when I found this thread. Saved me a bit of time and frustration. Barclay and JetBlue really need to update the verbiage and train their people better!

crimonist Mar 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Data point: I booked an award flight but later decided to fly a day earlier. It decided it wasn't worth paying the $75 for the redeposit considering it was a small amount of points (~7,000). I just no-showed. The day after that flight, I got the 10% point reimburse. So you don't have to actually fly, it seems.

hand_solo Mar 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by crimonist (Post 29516745)
Data point: I booked an award flight but later decided to fly a day earlier. It decided it wasn't worth paying the $75 for the redeposit considering it was a small amount of points (~7,000). I just no-showed. The day after that flight, I got the 10% point reimburse. So you don't have to actually fly, it seems.

Interesting. That's good to know!

BobbyL May 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Bringing this thread back -- has anyone noticed Barclay's isn't advertising the rebate any longer? What's the chances this benefit is going away?

maxp0wers May 18, 2018 3:55 pm

I still see the 10% back benefit on the splash page for the Plus card. Still there: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...5&cellNumber=7

you had me worried! Big redemption coming up tomorrow.

BobbyL May 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Interesting! In the email's sent out to gain signups the splash page for them doesn't show it. A friend got the email yesterday, and I noticed it straight away. Sorry for the heart palpitations!

mattack4000 May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

I got the points the day after we flew too

frudd38 Sep 3, 2018 2:48 pm

In light of the updated pooling rules, I'm wondering if just one member of the pool (maybe the pool leader) holding the jetblue plus card doing the actual redemptions would suffice for the 10% rebates. Anyone know from experience? This would save on having to hold onto multiple jetblue cards (although no baggage benefit for non cardholders)

HepperSchepp Sep 7, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm the pool leader right now, I get all the points from my family and I have both Jblue cards(Personal+BUsiness) I get 20% back on all redemption.

AutoSlash Sep 7, 2018 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp (Post 30179275)
I'm the pool leader right now, I get all the points from my family and I have both Jblue cards(Personal+BUsiness) I get 20% back on all redemption.

Interesting, so on every redemption, you are getting the 10% rebate on each card?