Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

"You're why I stay true to blue" envelopes

Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I got something in the mail from JetBlue the other day that I haven't seen before (been Mosaic for 2 years now), it's a little square folder about the size of what a CD case used to be and it contained two little blue envelopes that seem to be meant for employee recognition.
I was wondering if anyone else has seen one of these or knows how they work for the JetBlue employees receiving them from travelers.

Best, Treo
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As a very new Mosaic, I was going to ask about these myself of veteran flyers here - thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Brand new in the past few month. I'm not sure what the crew get for receiving one but it is definitely a new program.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:57 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
Brand new in the past few month. I'm not sure what the crew get for receiving one but it is definitely a new program.
I looked them over pretty closely it doesn't seem like they are numbered or anything. I know the AA ones have a code and they can win prizes with them. I feel like they are almost pointless if you give them out and there is nothing further for the employees or a way for JetBlue to see who got the most.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
http://<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yes, these cards help us recognize our crewmembers that best exemplify our JetBlue values. 😊</p>&mdash; JetBlue Airways (@JetBlue) <a href="https://twitter.com/JetBlue/status/937295310577131520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Unclear

Last edited by jay_dubya; Dec 9, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I looked them over pretty closely it doesn't seem like they are numbered or anything.
Just because they aren't serialized doesn't mean they aren't useful to the employee. The number on it can help the company avoid fraud or track me as the person giving it. It can also be used to allow "redemption" of some sort by the crewmember, though that's not the only way to deliver on such.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
SPG had a similar set of coupons the first year I became an SPG Gold.

I got the same envelope yesterday in the mail.

What I find odd is only two envelopes. Mosaics are likely to be flying 40-100 segments and two is not enough.

How do we get more ?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:44 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
Just because they aren't serialized doesn't mean they aren't useful to the employee. The number on it can help the company avoid fraud or track me as the person giving it. It can also be used to allow "redemption" of some sort by the crewmember, though that's not the only way to deliver on such.
I am saying I didn't see any individualization on them. They were both the same.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I am saying I didn't see any individualization on them. They were both the same.
Why do they need individualization? They could still be valuable. Say they are worth $100 each. How are they worth less without individualization?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was surprised to receive them last week, despite my foreign address. Agree that there should be a way to request more, however, on DL I also get two. AA sends a booklet with 6-8 depending on the year, which I consider enough.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Perhaps they are "credited" (in some way) towards something internal, not divulged to passengers?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ptownca
What I find odd is only two envelopes. Mosaics are likely to be flying 40-100 segments and two is not enough.

How do we get more ?
This was my question as well. I actually tweeted them about this and they didn't seem to really care.

But in any event, I typically bring chocolate or donuts for the crew on every flight so even if it may not be an official JetBlue recognition, they're still getting some extra appreciation from me personally.
TastyPlaneEats and ptownca like this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ptownca
SPG had a similar set of coupons the first year I became an SPG Gold.

I got the same envelope yesterday in the mail.

How do we get more ?
Clearly they're not meant to go to everyone. They're for those who go above and beyond.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic; AS MVPG 75K; DL Plat
I also don't know whether these have value to the crewmember beyond the "feel-good" value, but yesterday I gave one to an especially helpful FA and he seemed genuinely pleased.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:27 pm

I found out today. Each little envelope gives two flights to the FA
sbm12, keisari and TastyPlaneEats like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.