Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

"You're why I stay true to blue" envelopes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You're why I stay true to blue" envelopes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Smile

Originally Posted by bhuwan
I found out today. Each little envelope gives two flights to the FA
Details please. Those of us who have these want to use them for good effect.
jay_dubya likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Wonderful initiative.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Details please. Those of us who have these want to use them for good effect.
I don't know the specifics, but what I was told that the jetBlue staff (gate agents, pilots, flight attendants, etc.) can trade this envelopes in for 2 positive space on any jetBlue flight.
Basically, this means that the jetBlue employee can travel on any jetBlue route and have a guaranteed seat (and not fly standby, as would be the case with the buddy pass or they/immediate family flying).

Evidently, the icing on the cake is that jetBlue covers the cost of taxes, which makes this very lucrative for international travel!

Hope this makes sense.
AutoSlash and ptownca like this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Not quite.

Any JetBlue crew member that receives an envelope can turn them in for two super passes, which gives them higher priority nonrev standby over a regular crew member standby nonrev ticket. There is a whole hierarchy of standby priorities. As for regular crew member standby, the standby position in a given priority is determined by check-in time. When I nonrev, I check in right at T-24 to make sure I'm at the top of the standby list for my priority level.

They are not for positive space tickets, and even with super passes, the crew member is still at a lower priority than revenue customers on standby.
sbm12, ptownca and RWPrincess like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I'm glad I did not throw these away; sounds like a nice perk.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
Not quite.

Any JetBlue crew member that receives an envelope can turn them in for two super passes, which gives them higher priority nonrev standby over a regular crew member standby nonrev ticket. There is a whole hierarchy of standby priorities. As for regular crew member standby, the standby position in a given priority is determined by check-in time. When I nonrev, I check in right at T-24 to make sure I'm at the top of the standby list for my priority level.

They are not for positive space tickets, and even with super passes, the crew member is still at a lower priority than revenue customers on standby.
Thanks for explaining.

JB6 and VX crew members have made the last five years of flying a pleasure for me and folks like us love the opportunity to recognize when staff go beyond expectations. ^
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: Free agent
Gave mine to two FA's that I always see deadheading on my flights who have given me amazing service on transcon flights among others.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if or when this program ends as far as the reward to the JetBlue employee who's given one of these cards? I have two but don't expect to be flying B6 again until at least April. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Does anyone know if or when this program ends as far as the reward to the JetBlue employee who's given one of these cards? I have two but don't expect to be flying B6 again until at least April. Thanks.
You'll be fine
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Will they be doing this again. I liked it...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Anyone know if these things are still valid? I've flown United almost exclusively for the past two years and still have two.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, they are still valid.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:48 am
Suspended

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Good to know. I still have one I've been carrying around with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.