Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Family Pooling and the Jetblue Card

Old Nov 16, 17, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

This may be a beginner question so I apologize in advance.

I'd like to know if there is any advantage to be gained in having the primary card holder of our JetBlue card be the "head" of our Family Pool. My wife just got approved for the JetBlue card (our first travel rewards card after a year of trying to improve bad credit) but I long ago created a Family Pool and had made myself the head of it. Now I'm wondering if we're losing out on any perks or anything by her not being the head of the family pool (and before you ask, I will not get approved to the card due to poor credit). I'm on the card as an authorized user, but she's the primary account holder.

Any opinions or things I should know?

Thanks!

TD
Old Nov 16, 17, 3:18 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Yes, the advantage is that when your wife redeems points for travel as the primary cardholder she will get 10% of the points back in the form of a rebate. You as the additional cardholder will not, but she does not have access to any points right now which makes this problematic.

She can either withdraw from Family Pooling entirely so she starts accruing points, or she can change her contribution percentage so that only some of her points go to the family. Withdrawing completely probably makes the most sense since she should be booking all the family award travel going forward.
Old Nov 20, 17, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Hi AutoSlash.

Thanks for the reply, but I think the 10% only applies to the JetBlue Plus card. We don't have that, just the standard JetBlue card. So in our case perhaps there is no advantage or disadvantage? Other than, should we need a large number of points, we'd have to divide the ticket purchase between two TrueBlue accounts.

Thanks again for the help!
Old Nov 20, 17, 9:19 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Yes, thatís correct. I (mistakenly) assumed you had the Plus card. Since you have the regular card, I donít think it matters either way.
Old Dec 18, 17, 1:05 pm

Family Pooling and the Jetblue Plus Card

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Yes, the advantage is that when your wife redeems points for travel as the primary cardholder she will get 10% of the points back in the form of a rebate. You as the additional cardholder will not, but she does not have access to any points right now which makes this problematic.

She can either withdraw from Family Pooling entirely so she starts accruing points, or she can change her contribution percentage so that only some of her points go to the family. Withdrawing completely probably makes the most sense since she should be booking all the family award travel going forward.

Hello,

My wife has the Jetblue Plus card but she has not earned any points yet. I had been a member for a while and had points in my account. I created the Family Pool and made her the head of the Family Pool. Then i moved all my points to the Family Pool. Will she get the 10% point back if she books tickets from the Family Pool?

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 17, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by takhliq1 View Post
Hello,<br /><br />My wife has the Jetblue Plus card but she has not earned any points yet. I had been a member for a while and had points in my account. I created the Family Pool and made her the head of the Family Pool. Then i moved all my points to the Family Pool. Will she get the 10% point back if she books tickets from the Family Pool?<br /><br />Thanks.
<br />yes

Search this Thread
Search Engine: