Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Change head of household for Family Pooling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:49 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the head of the household for Family Pooling, and if so, how to do it?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't think it is.

Maybe have the new HoH leave the family pooling and create a new family pool and then invite the old family members back in, but there's the 1-year cooling period for those scenarios. :/
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I don't think it is.

Maybe have the new HoH leave the family pooling and create a new family pool and then invite the old family members back in, but there's the 1-year cooling period for those scenarios. :/
Thanks, I kinda figured that was the case. I'll give them a call to and report back if turns out there is a way to do it.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I called and they said no. But said I needed to since my wife has the jetblue card and they only will give her the 10% back bonus,. and they were able to do it.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
I called and they said no. But said I needed to since my wife has the jetblue card and they only will give her the 10% back bonus,. and they were able to do it.
That's exactly the reason I wanted to do it actually.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the head of the household for Family Pooling, and if so, how to do it?
not possible, I tried and called help line. They didn't let me. Worst of all, After I broke up the family pooling, I couldn't form a new one for another year.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
What "it" did they do exactly? Credit the 10% one time? Or set it up so the 10% was credited on an ongoing basis? Change the family pooling?

I am in the same situation: I'm the HOH and wife is (now) the one with the jetblue plus card.

I used to be the one with the jetblue plus card, because they told me that authorized users got all the same benefits including the free checked luggage. But her reservations were never automatically coded with that benefit, and now they have told me that authorized users don't get it, so we're signing her up for a card instead and we'll (after we've taken previously booked trips) cancel mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.