FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   WHY does it take so long for points to post? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1874340-why-does-take-so-long-points-post.html)

ethang801 Oct 27, 2017 8:05 am

WHY does it take so long for points to post?

i guess i just dont understand why it takes so long for flight activity to post. i mean, it seems excessive, no?

Points Scrounger Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

What I find more frustrating is that the 200 EMS points take quite a while to appear after the flight itself posts.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Separate systems and batch processing.

Not necessarily the answer people want to hear, but it is what is happening behind the scenes.

AutoSlash Oct 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Also annoying that the BlueInc. system is only loosely tied in. For example, if you book something at BlueInc. and then look up the res at jetblue.com, you get a message about the res being booked elsewhere and it requires you to confirm your phone number.

Another example is that I had a family member complete the Mosaic Challenge, and they had to handle the whole thing manually to get the Mosaic status applied because points accrued from the BlueInc. site apparently do not automatically trigger the status. I get why it happens, but it would be nice if they could integrate these systems more tightly in the future.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 28985144)
Also annoying that the BlueInc. system is only loosely tied in. For example, if you book something at BlueInc. and then look up the res at jetblue.com, you get a message about the res being booked elsewhere and it requires you to confirm your phone number.

BlueInc actually is a different booking engine. That's why it happens that way.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 28985144)
Another example is that I had a family member complete the Mosaic Challenge, and they had to handle the whole thing manually to get the Mosaic status applied because points accrued from the BlueInc. site apparently do not automatically trigger the status. I get why it happens, but it would be nice if they could integrate these systems more tightly in the future.

Mine worked correctly, even with BlueInc bookings.

AutoSlash Oct 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 28985372)
Mine worked correctly, even with BlueInc bookings.

Huh. Well, I called today for my SO and they blamed it on BlueInc bookings. Said it could take up to 2 weeks to get it sorted out :rolleyes:. She just told me she needs to fly transcon in a little more than a week, so it looks like a follow-up call is in my future if nothing happens by mid-week.

ethang801 Oct 30, 2017 8:20 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 28984909)
Separate systems and batch processing.

Not necessarily the answer people want to hear, but it is what is happening behind the scenes.

has anybody been able to ascertain a schedule for the batch processing?

cj_000 Oct 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ethang801 (Post 28994075)
has anybody been able to ascertain a schedule for the batch processing?

Generally, when you are looking for the points to post, it takes 2-3 weeks. If not, they post within 48 hours.

Brigri Oct 31, 2017 2:41 pm

My JFK-LAX on 10/9 posted within 3 days. My LAX-JFK on 10/17 has yet to post. What gives? Should I be worried?

janner34 Nov 1, 2017 3:29 pm

Well my Even More Space bonus for a flight on 10/19 just posted - but the flight itself has yet to post.......

diburning Nov 3, 2017 4:15 am

Either I got lucky and they batch processed this morning, or they've improved things. I took a flight on Tuesday 10/31 and it posted this morning 11/3.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if I get a bonus for an EMSpace seat if I'm assigned that seat at the gate? (I didn't pay for it)

Brigri Nov 3, 2017 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Brigri (Post 29000559)
My JFK-LAX on 10/9 posted within 3 days. My LAX-JFK on 10/17 has yet to post. What gives? Should I be worried?

Posted!

pony_trekker Sep 3, 2018 7:20 am

I hate this. Trying to see if I made mosaic before booking my next flight in 2 weeks. If I did, I will switch to another airline.

sbm12 Sep 3, 2018 9:01 am

Originally Posted by pony_trekker (Post 30161384)
I hate this. Trying to see if I made mosaic before booking my next flight in 2 weeks. If I did, I will switch to another airline.

How close were you and how much did you pay for your last ticket. It is generally pretty easy to calculate.

pony_trekker Oct 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 30161735)
How close were you and how much did you pay for your last ticket. It is generally pretty easy to calculate.

I forgot how B6 calculates. Is it straight mileage for Mosaic? I forgot and couldnt find. Now that theyve posted impossible to deencrypt