Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

WHY does it take so long for points to post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

i guess i just dont understand why it takes so long for flight activity to post. i mean, it seems excessive, no?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What I find more frustrating is that the 200 EMS points take quite a while to appear after the flight itself posts.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Separate systems and batch processing.

Not necessarily the answer people want to hear, but it is what is happening behind the scenes.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Also annoying that the BlueInc. system is only loosely tied in. For example, if you book something at BlueInc. and then look up the res at jetblue.com, you get a message about the res being booked elsewhere and it requires you to confirm your phone number.

Another example is that I had a family member complete the Mosaic Challenge, and they had to handle the whole thing manually to get the Mosaic status applied because points accrued from the BlueInc. site apparently do not automatically trigger the status. I get why it happens, but it would be nice if they could integrate these systems more tightly in the future.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Also annoying that the BlueInc. system is only loosely tied in. For example, if you book something at BlueInc. and then look up the res at jetblue.com, you get a message about the res being booked elsewhere and it requires you to confirm your phone number.
BlueInc actually is a different booking engine. That's why it happens that way.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Another example is that I had a family member complete the Mosaic Challenge, and they had to handle the whole thing manually to get the Mosaic status applied because points accrued from the BlueInc. site apparently do not automatically trigger the status. I get why it happens, but it would be nice if they could integrate these systems more tightly in the future.
Mine worked correctly, even with BlueInc bookings.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:37 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by sbm12
Mine worked correctly, even with BlueInc bookings.
Huh. Well, I called today for my SO and they blamed it on BlueInc bookings. Said it could take up to 2 weeks to get it sorted out . She just told me she needs to fly transcon in a little more than a week, so it looks like a follow-up call is in my future if nothing happens by mid-week.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Separate systems and batch processing.

Not necessarily the answer people want to hear, but it is what is happening behind the scenes.
has anybody been able to ascertain a schedule for the batch processing?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ethang801
has anybody been able to ascertain a schedule for the batch processing?
Generally, when you are looking for the points to post, it takes 2-3 weeks. If not, they post within 48 hours.
sbm12, Brigri, octr202 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
My JFK-LAX on 10/9 posted within 3 days. My LAX-JFK on 10/17 has yet to post. What gives? Should I be worried?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well my Even More Space bonus for a flight on 10/19 just posted - but the flight itself has yet to post.......
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Either I got lucky and they batch processed this morning, or they've improved things. I took a flight on Tuesday 10/31 and it posted this morning 11/3.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if I get a bonus for an EMSpace seat if I'm assigned that seat at the gate? (I didn't pay for it)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Brigri
My JFK-LAX on 10/9 posted within 3 days. My LAX-JFK on 10/17 has yet to post. What gives? Should I be worried?
Posted!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:20 am

I hate this. Trying to see if I made mosaic before booking my next flight in 2 weeks. If I did, I will switch to another airline.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by pony_trekker
I hate this. Trying to see if I made mosaic before booking my next flight in 2 weeks. If I did, I will switch to another airline.
How close were you and how much did you pay for your last ticket. It is generally pretty easy to calculate.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:12 pm

How close were you and how much did you pay for your last ticket. It is generally pretty easy to calculate.
I forgot how B6 calculates. Is it straight mileage for Mosaic? I forgot and couldnt find. Now that theyve posted impossible to deencrypt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.