Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-MSP starts 3 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The MSP inaugural B6835 will have N646JB, the first cabin refresh plane. This is subject to change. The website seat map reflects this change (27 rows)
ptownca and Carfield like this.

Last edited by diburning; Apr 30, 2018 at 7:28 am
Old May 1, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
We are not on the inaugural (taking the inaugural ORH-JFK instead on Thursday), but will be spending the weekend in MSP due to the sub-$100 r/t fare. We were in MSP for the Superbowl earlier this year, and so this will be a chance for me to make better memories of the city (Mr. Sallycat is from PHL, so he's just along for the ride...)
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:01 am

Nice, I hope they will also add JFK and FLL down the road.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sallycat
We are not on the inaugural (taking the inaugural ORH-JFK instead on Thursday), but will be spending the weekend in MSP due to the sub-$100 r/t fare. We were in MSP for the Superbowl earlier this year, and so this will be a chance for me to make better memories of the city (Mr. Sallycat is from PHL, so he's just along for the ride...)
Enjoy! The weather should be decent, but not real warm with high temps in the 60s.

Feel free to PM me for suggestions, but offhand I can't think of much in the way of special events beyond Cinco de Mayo festivities. Some unique attractions include the Russian art museum and Mill City museum (history of the city emphasizing flour milling).
Old May 1, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
The MSP inaugural B6835 will have N646JB, the first cabin refresh plane. This is subject to change. The website seat map reflects this change (27 rows)
I will be on the inaugural flight and will try to take as many pictures as possible!
Carfield
RWPrincess and N830MH like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:42 pm

I'm on it as well! Unlike VX1948, this will be a happier occasion. I'm in 4A, I have a friend in 5F, and a JetBlue crewmember friend (I don't know where he's sitting).

I've changed up my recording equipment since VX1948, so I'll hopefully have even better footage of the inaugural.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Enjoy! The weather should be decent, but not real warm with high temps in the 60s.

Feel free to PM me for suggestions, but offhand I can't think of much in the way of special events beyond Cinco de Mayo festivities. Some unique attractions include the Russian art museum and Mill City museum (history of the city emphasizing flour milling).
thanks! The weather will be much improved from our last visit, so we’re very excited to check your city out!
Old May 2, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Sallycat

thanks! The weather will be much improved from our last visit, so we’re very excited to check your city out!
I get to MSP about once a year so happy to help as well. I've spent a lot of time both downtown and at MOA.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:13 am

The MSP flight is going well! My friend won a vacation package for two, and Marty St George is my seatmate!

I'll have videos going up eventually. I can't upload them over FlyFi.
hi55us, joachimm and Carfield like this.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Carfield
I will be on the inaugural flight and will try to take as many pictures as possible!
Carfield
Good for you! Hope you have a great flight. Enjoy your inaugural flight.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just a reminder: JetBlue uses Terminal 2 at MSP with most of the other nonalliance and budget airlines like Southwest and SunCountry. T2 was completely redone fairly recently but services are still pretty limited, although the parking "ramp" over there tends to be less full at times and IIRC slightly cheaper. The light rail line (to Mall of America and downtown Minneapolis, with a connection at the USBank Vikings Stadium to St Paul.) has a station connected to T2. It also stops at T1, with free (just get on) service between the two terminals and ticket machines for other destinations.

Any reports on the festivities today?
Old May 3, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tphuang
Nice, I hope they will also add JFK and FLL down the road.
I doubt that. it will happen. If they have enough gate space. They can add more nonstop from MSP-FLL/MCO/JFK or LAX, as well.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Any updates from the inaugural? Did you get any good swag? I thought about it but I was just coming back from another trip! Also I wonder if they will run a TrueBlue promo? I have an MSP friend with Delta status interested in a match to B6.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:35 pm

The cabin refresh A320 was quite nice. Marty St George (JetBlue's Executive VP of Commercial and Planning) was my seatmate. He was very pleasant, and we shared aviation photos with each other.

Marty St George and Norbert Strissel (JetBlue's director of airport operations at Boston) welcomed us to the inaugural, then after we hit cruising altitude, they played seat bingo to give away prizes. My friend won the first prize of a vacation package for two to MSP. They also gave away systemwide flight vouchers and tickets to a private behind the scenes tour of Paisley Field. Norbert was cracking jokes, and it was all good fun. ("Our captains today are Eric and Eric, both of which are Minnesotan natives. I just wanted to assure you that each of our pilots are capable of finding the airport in Minneapolis, and that we didn't pick these pilots because they know the way! But if anything, these two pilots know the fastest way to get there!")

The flight was pleasant, if not a bit bumpy. We landed and was given a water cannon salute.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a live band playing Yankee Doodle, and were each handed a Mall of America tote bag with the following inside: A Jetblue Blanket Tote, a print of the Minneapolis painting displayed at the gate area, MSP logo-ed sunglasses, a Twin Cities coupon book, and a $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card. At the gate area at MSP, there were individually boxed Dunkin Donuts Boston Creme Donuts, and a Boston sports themed cake (I'm unsure if it was real or for display only) on display. Departing passengers on the inaugural to Boston were given "617" (Boston's area code) gift bags with unknown swag in them.

I flew home on the second flight (there's three flights a day; two roundtrips, and one that overnights at MSP), and Marty was on board doing trivia for two systemwide flight vouchers. (It appeared that all of the big wigs and execs on this morning's inaugural flight were flying back on the second one)

MSPeconomist, ptownca and Carfield like this.

Last edited by diburning; May 5, 2018 at 5:49 am
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:06 pm

Does anyone know how this route is doing? I moved to Minneapolis 14 months ago and was disappointed that JetBlue didn't service MSP, but was estactic when this was announced! I actually haven't flown B6 since 2010 or 2011, but have kept tabs on the airline and been accruing points since the Barclays card came out.

Are these flights full? Do they fly the restyled A320 or was that just for the inaugural? I've noticed that flights are very cheap to BOS, under $80 each way typically. Connecting beyond BOS seems expensive as is typical for B6, but I managed to find a really good deal to continue onto LGA. Looking forward to returning to flying B6 but just curious if they are doing well enough to maintain 3x daily or even add service to JFK or FLL.
RWPrincess likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.