Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mosaic Using Points for EMS For Companions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive

I have a stupid question so apologies if this has been asked.

I'm Mosaic and traveling with both my family and extended family. I know I can use points to redeem for Even More Space for my direct family on my own reservation (as we are on the same PNR), but can I do the same for those family members on the same flight but on different PNR's?

I'm willing to redeem with my own points just unsure if that is within the spirit of the benefits or not.

Thoughts?

eagle92
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Free agent
If it's on the same PNR it should be fine. Call in and ask.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
If it's on the same PNR it should be fine. Call in and ask.
Thanks...I called...only for those on the same PNR. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:10 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

A bit OT, but is it generally worthwhile to redeem points for EMS?

Also, can this be done online or do you have to call?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AutoSlash

If you want EMS then it is a very good point valuation (~5-7x normal). And it can be done online or on the phone.

But that assumes you want to pay for EMS.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:57 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by sbm12
If you want EMS then it is a very good point valuation (~5-7x normal). And it can be done online or on the phone.

But that assumes you want to pay for EMS.
Thanks. I'm on the shorter side (5' 7"), and B6's standard pitch is pretty decent, so while the extra legroom is appreciated, it's not a huge priority for me. OTOH, I have a few upcoming flights where all that are left are middle seats in the tail section, so from that perspective, getting a good deal on a nice window seat at the front of the plane, plus extra legroom, for a discounted rate sounds like a win!
sbm12 and RWPrincess like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eagle92
Thanks...I called...only for those on the same PNR. Thanks!
Try calling again. They allowed me to do it (once) on a different PNR, though it was only one person (my son).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeBOS
Try calling again. They allowed me to do it (once) on a different PNR, though it was only one person (my son).
This is for five people on two other PNRs. Honestly not going to push it. It’s not a big deal but thanks. Good to know.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Free agent

Always worthwhile for me. It's a tiny amount of points and gives me a much higher chance of having no one next to me.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat

I recently booked 2 EMS seats for 500 points each, JFK-MCO. Definitely worth it.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I recently booked 2 EMS seats for 500 points each, JFK-MCO. Definitely worth it.
This. I just did the same for SEA BOS. 500 points for EMS is a good deal.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Thanks. I'm on the shorter side (5' 7"), and B6's standard pitch is pretty decent, so while the extra legroom is appreciated, it's not a huge priority for me. OTOH, I have a few upcoming flights where all that are left are middle seats in the tail section, so from that perspective, getting a good deal on a nice window seat at the front of the plane, plus extra legroom, for a discounted rate sounds like a win!
Are you Mosaic? Only Mosaics can use points to upgrade. I'm (5'8"), do not consider myself short, and do this all the time. More often than not, the middle seat will also be empty on the A320/A321 unless you have a route heavy on non-revs or are seated with 2 people traveling together.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
PLUS you get a 200 point bonus for booking an EMS seat (regardless whether you're paying cash or points).
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Is the 200 point bonus for EMS seats (on points) still active? I haven't seen it on recent flights, and I want to request it only if it's normally provided.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by gmax58
Is the 200 point bonus for EMS seats (on points) still active? I haven't seen it on recent flights, and I want to request it only if it's normally provided.
The last time I got this was August, and I have had several points purchased EMS flights since then. It was a very nice benefit, but it seems to be gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.