Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Access to T5 Rooftop? Not flying JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO

I'll be traveling on Delta with a toddler transiting through JFK (via Terminal 4) in a couple of weeks. We have a pretty long layover (3+ hours). I was looking for ideas to burn off some energy and possibly get some fresh air prior to a long international flight. Can non-JetBlue passengers access Terminal 5 to access the rooftop area near Gate 28?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:43 am

I don't know about entry to T5 but T5 also has an enclosed child play area by Gate 12.
You can see the runway by Gate 14 or look at the A380's at T4 from Gate 2 (not that this toddler does that).

How about just riding the AirTrain, as long as you do not exit at Jamaica or Howard Beach you do not pay. It goes pretty fast to Jamaica and between T1/ T8 and Federal Circle, dips under taxiways and you can look out the front window as you speed down the track. Might keep a toddler interested.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Might be tough... do you have priority pass? You could say you are accessing the terminal to get into the Airspace lounge there. Also consider buying a Delta Skyclub day pass ($50 or $29 if you have a Delta credit card) the T4 Skyclub has an outdoor "skydeck" and is refreshing before a long flight, you'll also be able to take a shower.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:39 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You can't get past security without a valid boarding pass. I'm not sure whether a Delta boarding pass would be sufficient for entry to a terminal that does not serve Delta flights.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I'm not sure whether a Delta boarding pass would be sufficient for entry to a terminal that does not serve Delta flights.
IME it is (always subject to the whim of the TSA, of course), but I'm not sure it is worth clearing security 2x extra to make that happen, especially with the kid.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
OP here.

Thanks, all! Appreciate the ideas and feedback!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:39 am

Do you have Skyclub access? The T4 Skyclub has a little rooftop area as well. It wasn't open when we transited in February so I can't tell you much about it, but it exists.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
The T4 Skyclub has a little rooftop area as well.
The Sky Deck is nice but way smaller than the T5 Roof Top. A kid running around a little bit on the Roof Top would likely not affect other passengers. A kid on the Sky Deck quite likely would.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
The Sky Deck is nice but way smaller than the T5 Roof Top. A kid running around a little bit on the Roof Top would likely not affect other passengers. A kid on the Sky Deck quite likely would.
Excellent, good to know. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.