Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Even more seat, non mosaic and JetBlue Plus card holder?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:32 am
Original Poster

I seem to recall someone said there is a benefit for booking Even More Space Seat with Jetblue Plus Mastercard. I just want to check in to see if it is true as the upgrade to LA from SF is only $10. If I do get another 200 points back, I effectively pay $8 for it.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think the 200 points is part of the Badges program, not tied to the CC. I don't have the card and I still get the 200 points every time.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
The Plus card gets 6x points per dollar, so you are effectively getting 6-7% back on the $10 EMS purchase. I would definitely buy EMS at $10, since it gets you early boarding and you're the first off the plane (assuming you sit in the first section of EMS).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think the 200 points is part of the Badges program, not tied to the CC. I don't have the card and I still get the 200 points every time.
The 200 points for EMS is a bonus that predates the badges program.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 20, 2017 at 10:39 am Reason: Oops, I meant "program," not "problem."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster

How do i know if I get the 200 points bonus? I do not see that on my badges or whatever
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: GE
shows up as "even more space points" in activity history, not badges. afaik nothing has changed recently.

$10 to get EMS plus 260 points is not bad at all.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:45 am
Original Poster

i learned the 200 points is standard, everyone gets it. no love for card holders other than the extra 3%?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by diburning
The 200 points for EMS is a bonus that predates the badges problem.
My bad...I know there is a separate badge for EMS and got them confused.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've looked through the badge list fairly closely; I think they may have retired, or eliminated, that one?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've looked through the badge list fairly closely; I think they may have retired, or eliminated, that one?
Best Space Scenario
Oh, the Spaces you'll go
More Space than Space
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Excuse my ignorance;

And my disability to understand the previous posts.

Perhaps someone could recap and explain for mosaics and non mosaics, simply, the points that may accure when booking EMS seats.
In a well layed out color coded spread sheet for all past and future visitors to understand.

And the advantages of booking EMS for all B6 level card holders. Regarding points.

So does purchasing an EMS seat with a Plus Card receive anything other than the 6X points for cost of EMS? Or does it even receive that?

What's up with the 200 point mention above?
Still active? Past benny?

Does purchasing an EMS seat with the free B6 card have any benny? Point wise?

Being Mosaic, is there any other benefit than above?

etc?

etc?

Please lay it out.

Many are lurking trying to understand this info too.

Thanks for any, and all explanations possible..

Last edited by DrewBr; Sep 23, 2017 at 1:04 am
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:59 am

The 200 points is definitely still active.

Mosaic can (often) get EMS for free at the airport, though I do not believe that is a published benefit. Mosaic can also buy EMS with points at a favorable rate.

The purchase should count as a B6 transaction for the bonus points on the card but I don't have one (and pays points if i do it) so cannot confirm.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
Best Space Scenario
Oh, the Spaces you'll go
More Space than Space
At first I thought the above was some sort of haiku!

Buying EMS earns a flat 200 points, which appears on one's account as a separate line item from the flight activity itself. I understand that (cheapskate) Mosaics are entitled to claim an unoccupied EMS seat, if any, before takeoff (at the gate?).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Yes 200 points was on my account the last time I moved up too
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
A couple other data points:

I can't imagine not getting 6X points on the purchase amount as a Plus card holder. I even earn 6X points on the taxes/fees on an award redemption, though I haven't bought EMS since having the card. (It's nice, but not critical for me on E190 hops.)

On my last flight, I was leaning towards buying up at the airport, but we were given EMS anyways. I guess a polite comment about our 24-hours wx delay did the trick - "oh, I see you're in the last row, let me move you guys up." Both of us still got the 200 EMS point for that one, even though it wasn't paid EMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.