Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Really Can't Change Seats Online Until Check-In?

Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, Hertz PC

I only fly B6 once every couple of years, so I am not really familiar with their policies. I am flying Saturday from AUS-MCO and I am finding out that you can not change seats online until check-in. Has that always been the case? I usually fly AA and DL and you can always bring up the seat map and change to whatever is available. I thought this was a JetBlue website problem, but when I called, they said you can check for seats and move by phone, but not online.

I even got an e-mail sying that EMS seats are available, but I can't even get to the page to change them. I guess that I would have to call.

This just seems so out dated.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
On most B6 flights I can easily change seats online. The only exceptions have been flights that are very full in the few days leading up to the flight, when they sometimes disable this for some reason.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:54 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I also noticed that flights that I booked on BlueInc. cannot use seat selection on jetblue.com but can at blueinc.jetblue.com. Did you book the flight at jetblue.com originally?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:08 am

any flight I booked on jetblue.com, I have been able to change seats.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:51 am

Here is how a flight that I booked on BlueInc. shows up on jetblue.com:

Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, Hertz PC
When I go to the Flight Details page, this is what I get, there are only hyperlinks to these. I opened in both Chrome and Edge, no other selections available:

Manage your flight

Change Itinerary SELECT

Cancel Itinerary SELECT

Last edited by zdcatc12; Sep 15, 2017 at 9:30 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
It's a bug. Comes up on all of my reservations periodically, but a quick email to their customer support "unlocks" all of those menu options.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
It's a bug. Comes up on all of my reservations periodically, but a quick email to their customer support "unlocks" all of those menu options.
Thanks. That's what I suspected, but when I called reservations last night, the agent said that you can't change the seats online, you have to call and have them do it. I don't fly them enough to know what you can and can't do.

Are you supposed to be able to change them through the app? I can't do that either.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:09 am

I haven't been able to change seats online on my OTA bookings, but their phone agents happily changed my seats
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:54 pm

Yeah I meant to ask that of the OP upthread...

[MENTION=213743]zdcatc12[/MENTION] Did you originally book this on jetblue.com or through another website?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yeah I meant to ask that of the OP upthread...

[MENTION=213743]zdcatc12[/MENTION] Did you originally book this on jetblue.com or through another website?
Jetblue.com back in April.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Jetblue.com back in April.
Yeah that is definitely strange then. Sounds like some bug. I'd actually email them and see if they can resolve for you if it matters to you, though admittedly may not be worth the effort rather than satisfying curiosity at this point.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It's probably a bug related to their system limitation where you can't change seats after selecting one at booking, if you're paying with TrueBlue points.

In any case, you can contact them on social media or call them, give them your PNR, and your desired seat (do a dummy search to see the seat map) and they can change it for you.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by diburning
It's probably a bug related to their system limitation where you can't change seats after selecting one at booking, if you're paying with TrueBlue points.

In any case, you can contact them on social media or call them, give them your PNR, and your desired seat (do a dummy search to see the seat map) and they can change it for you.
My booking was with cash not points.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, hence why I said it's probably a bug, that's related to...

Basically, the system thinks you paid some way other than cash, even though that's not the case. Sometimes it resolves itself after a period of time, sometimes it doesn't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.