Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Sneak Peek at JetBlue's New Gate Monitor Screens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver

I was on the JFK-ONT inaugural tonight and at JFK, the JetBlue IT team decided to test the new gate monitor screens which will be rolled out systemwide at the end of November. If these look familiar to you, it's because you've probably seen it before under a different color scheme on another airline

The new screens will display far more information on a cycling basis.

Just for comparison, this is the current gate monitor screen. Not much changes while this is being displayed.

The new screens display information on four cycling tabs, and will cycle between English and Spanish. This is the "home" tab where it displays the gate information.

The second tab displays the inflight amenities. This is currently a generic screen that displays all possible amenities. Going forward, the screen will display amenities based on the tail number of the aircraft assigned. For this flight, the screen was incorrect (because it was showing all possible amenities) since the aircraft was not a refreshed A320, and was not an 800-series tail, so there was no in-seat power. Because this is a new route, catering has not been set up to cater the Eat Up boxes on this route (yet).

This next screen actually has two parts. The first part displays the standby list, and it shows who cleared and who hasn't. This is fairly standard amongst legacy carriers. Then, the screen also cycles to a secondary screen (shown below) showing which passengers need to go to the podium for a document check for downline international connections.

The fourth tab shows a seat map as well as the name of the plane. Right now this is not tied into the real time seat map, so it shows every seat as available. In the future, this will show the seat map in real time, with messages indicating that EMS seats are available for purchase.

When boarding begins, the screen shows the current group boarding.

BbTrumpet, sbm12, tphuang and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:05 pm

Downgrade.

Why is the destination smaller? Thats key info when you want to know youre at the right gate.

Why was the gate number added? Every airport has a permanent physical gate sign.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Downgrade.

Why is the destination smaller? Thats key info when you want to know youre at the right gate.

Why was the gate number added? Every airport has a permanent physical gate sign.
Yea, I don't understand this. I'm going to know which gate I'm at, I use the display to make sure it's still the correct one. Why even add that tab?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Anybody see the glaring typo on the "customer info" tab?

"If your name appears, please see your gate Crewmember with your passport OF government issued photo ID."
diburning, hi55us and DenverBrian like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I've been in some airports (not necessarily B6 specific) where gates are packed tightly together and multiple GIDS are hanging near each other, or in others where the GIDS are hanging over a seating area that could be for either of two adjacent gates. In cases like these the gate number can confirm you're looking at the correct screen.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:47 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
The physical signs are not always helpful, especially if there are multiple gates right next to each other. Earlier this month on a different airline, there were two flights going to my destination from adjacent gates. I went to the gate with my destination airport on the screen, which turned out to be the wrong one (mine was the next gate immediately down the hall).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Downgrade.

EWR C Terminal is a good example for UA. C130 is C130 T-Z
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
These new screens were implemented in Boston yesterday (10/10). Not sure if this was a systemwide rollout.

Downgrade.

It's a Sabre template. American's gate monitor screens are similar albeit with scrolling screens that don't have the tabs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.