Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
Of course you shouldn't. Just like you shouldn't divert spending to a different airline with bad schedules and fares for the slim chance of an upgrade to a wider seat. But that's a rational approach to loyalty, something all too rare.

I do get value of the free flight changes flexibility, far more than the occasional free drink.
Ended up making two recent back-to-back changes: cost to me $0.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Completed challenge over a week ago; all the flights/points have posted. Had booked (not flown) some flights prior to effective date of challenge; yet all flights occurred post challenge period start date.

No bonus as of yet. No notice of Mosaic extension. No "challenge completed" notice. The 90 days has over a month to run and I have a few more flights during this period.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:54 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Completed challenge over a week ago; all the flights/points have posted. Had booked (not flown) some flights prior to effective date of challenge; yet all flights occurred post challenge period start date.

No bonus as of yet. No notice of Mosaic extension. No "challenge completed" notice. The 90 days has over a month to run and I have a few more flights during this period.
You may want to drop jetBlue a quick email. They seem pretty responsive about stuff like this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Thank you, AutoSlash, you are correct they are responsive!

I waited until another flight posted which would by my calcs have put my point total way over the necessary hurdle....still nothing. I called JetBlue and the rep determined that a few of my first flights were not being picked up by the "counter" as I had booked them at the time of my challenge submission....but the challenge had not been approved at that time. The flights were flown post-challenge approval, so were "countable" but the "counter" had to be manually prodded.

I am now mosaic through the end of 2018, and received 15,000 extra points. Have several more flights booked so am redirecting my business to JetBlue.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I waited until another flight posted which would by my calcs have put my point total way over the necessary hurdle....still nothing. I called JetBlue and the rep determined that a few of my first flights were not being picked up by the "counter" as I had booked them at the time of my challenge submission....but the challenge had not been approved at that time. The flights were flown post-challenge approval, so were "countable" but the "counter" had to be manually prodded.

I am now mosaic through the end of 2018, and received 15,000 extra points. Have several more flights booked so am redirecting my business to JetBlue.
Glad they were able to help, and congrats on reaching Mosaic status!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

Thanks for the clarification - many, of not all, of my qualifying points were booked prior to enrolling I'll definitely need to have them prod the calendar as well.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this thread to report that I woke up to a Congratulations! email from Jet Blue, with 15K points showing for my qualifying flight, so perhaps they fixed the counter by now.

However, no Mint credit for the ticket - perhaps due to last minute date change? I did get Mint badge recignition.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Oct 1, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:16 pm

I matched via WN Companion Pass. I took two transcon round trips so far, but they were cheap so I still have around $650 of flight spend to complete the challenge, and only 2 weeks left. I got approved for the Barclays card and could MS the 50K to get Mosaic, but that has cost / opportunity cost etc. I also only got a 5K limit, which sucks for MSing. What would you do? Status run to complete the challenge, MS the 50K, or hope for another status match opportunity that would allow me to match from the CP to Mosaic again next year. The free changes and being able to upgrade to EMS using points are very desirable perks for me. However, spending $650 I wouldn't spend is borderline in terms of the value I'd get out of it. If Mint ex-LAS had already started, I would've been fine to complete the challenge.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by QFCHC
hope for another status match opportunity that would allow me to match from the CP to Mosaic again next year.
This. Or do the MS next year. Getting 50k in MS in a couple months for only 1 year of status is silly IMO.

I love the value I get from the status but I would be very cautious about overspending for the wallet candy.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:35 pm

Yes, it's a brand new card with a 5K limit so I would likely need to go slow on the MS front. I'm going to call and see if I can shift some credit line from my sock drawer Aviator.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Why bother? You hardly fly Jetblue, status doesn't matter if you aren't using it
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I never got an email after meeting challenge requirements on 08/14/2017. But the other day logged into my account and noticed the 15k bonus points, and got my 2018 Mosaic kit last Thursday.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I got the email and the 15,000 points within 3 days of the flight that pushed me over the goal. First flight was booked before applying, so I guess they fixed that issue. Given the 5-6 RT SFO-JFK/FLL trips I plan to do in Mint every year, I should be able to keep Mosaic on dollar spend.

Smart challenge by B6. As 2MM on United, I typically fly them since I get better treatment overall. But the benefits of Mosaic are better than the benefits for 2MM, especially the ability to cancel tickets and reuse them later on B6. That is HUGE.

Thanks JetBlue!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:36 pm

Booking before status expires- what perks remain?

Booked a trip for February 2018- my status will expire 12/31/2017 or possibly 1/31/2018 as they extended last year's matches by a month.

What Mosaic benefits would I still get?

My email confirmation clearly says 2 bags and Mosaic, is there any possible way they could get away with charging me for the bags? The other benefits are more likely to not be in effect, but figured I'd ask.

I know there was discussion of this on the forums last year, but all responses were hypotheses, not based on actual experiences. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
You wouldn't get any benefits in February 2018. The status goes according to date of flight not date of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.