Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by 123Go
with the status match to mosaic, can i extend the expiration of an existing travel bank credit expiring by booking and then later cancelling?
​​​​​​
No, mosaic status doesn't affect the refundability of fares. If you use funds from your travel bank, and then cancel that itinerary, the money gets returned with the same expiration date.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by 123Go
with the status match to mosaic, can i extend the expiration of an existing travel bank credit expiring by booking and then later cancelling?
Originally Posted by dinosims
​​​​​​
No, mosaic status doesn't affect the refundability of fares. If you use funds from your travel bank, and then cancel that itinerary, the money gets returned with the same expiration date.
BUT if I'm understanding correctly, you could just change the flights a few times prior to your Mosaic status expiring, no change fees. Not sure if this helps you, but it could be an option.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by financialhippie
BUT if I'm understanding correctly, you could just change the flights a few times prior to your Mosaic status expiring, no change fees. Not sure if this helps you, but it could be an option.
This is definitely doable but you'll be paying any fare difference.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:32 am

So I think I uploaded my pics for the Mosaic Match, but instead I got a "you're registered for Mosaic challenge" webpage after clicking through. Is that suppose to be the case?

Do you get any confirmation that you submitted for the MATCH?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
So I think I uploaded my pics for the Mosaic Match, but instead I got a "you're registered for Mosaic challenge" webpage after clicking through. Is that suppose to be the case?

Yeah, that's what it always says. Don't worry. And no, no email confirmation.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6

You will get email confirmation one you're actually matched, but not for submitting.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
That's good! That means you could qualify for 2018 with the 3750 points right?
Trying to understand this as I already have numerous trips tkted before I got the Matched status to Mosaic

Within the next 90 days I need to earn 3750 pts, B6 gives you 3 pts per $1 so I need to Spend $1250 (I assume on base fares) Now it says Mosaic earns an extra 3 pts per $1, so do I now have to spend only $625? seems if you purchase anything but the cheapest fare (most left box) that youd earn even more pts per $1, so if I do that will mean having to spend even less then $625?

I want to make sure it pays for me to fly B6, I say that since I have 2 Intl tkts that equals just under 4 weeks being Overseas and not looking to fly during the 10 days between those 2 flights, so the 90 days are almost cut in half, then I already have 2 Stateside trips tkted. So it just may pay for me to up-buy a a free to knock it all off 1-2-3
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Just like any airline's elite qualification (that I know of), only base points count towards elite qualifying.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ralphs
Just like any airline's elite qualification (that I know of), only base points count towards elite qualifying.
So its 3 pts per $1 (EQMs) base fare, but B6 has a few ways that you can earn more then 3 pts per $1 (RDMs) and like everyone else for status its the EQMs that count

So the only sort of short cut is if a person buys a tkt with a min base fare of $1250, then they are done 1-2-3 otherwise its x # of trips(tkts) till you hit the $1250 mark

thx for the clarification, now to see if its at all doable for me to make it since most trips are already tkted
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
My understanding is that Mosaic is basically $5,000 EQD during normal times (15k base flight points).

During the challenge it's $1,250 during 90 days (3.75k base flight points)
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by financialhippie
You will get email confirmation one you're actually matched, but not for submitting.
The email indeed comes after the submitting party has had their Trueblue account upgraded to Mosaic, but the upgraded status shows up sooner -- a few hours earlier seems to be rather normal -- on the Jetblue desktop site (after logging in on the site) than when the email comes.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
2018 Mosaic kit arrived today, although I haven't completed my challenge yet; must be out of the 2017 ones. Card, however, is for 2017.

Nimble digits needed for screwing the tag clasp shut!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
I signed up for the challenge knowing I would be booking a number of flights to travel over the next 3 months. However, after booking, I realized I was sloppy in my calculations and underbooked my fares on a few trips. Is there an option to change a ticket to a higher price fare type without incurring a change fee?
(i.e. change a flight booked as Blue to the same flight as Blue Plus)

I know one can always refare within 14 days after booking when the price drops, but I don't recall anyone seeking to pay the fare difference for a higher priced flight.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:31 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Any way to monitor progress toward Mosaic Challenge? I have one flight that is right on the borderline of when I signed up (same day) and I want to be 100% sure I hit the mark. There doesn't seem to be any way to view progress toward the challenge online (only the regular non-challenge qualification).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Any way to monitor progress toward Mosaic Challenge? I have one flight that is right on the borderline of when I signed up (same day) and I want to be 100% sure I hit the mark. There doesn't seem to be any way to view progress toward the challenge online (only the regular non-challenge qualification).
I emailed jet blue and asked them about this, as i had a mint reservation that i wanted to make sure would put me over the edge, the answer i got from them:

In reviewing your account, we can confirm you registered for the Mosaic Challenge on 7/19/17. You have 90 days from the registration date (7/19/17 being day #1 ) to earn 3,750 base points to complete the challenge.

Base points are the 3 points per dollar earned on your fare (before taxes).

Since registration, your history shows the following completed flights, for a total of 972 base points.

* 8/9/17, Boston to Buffalo = 462 base points
* 8/12/17, Buffalo to Boston = 510 base points

You would need to earn an additional 2,778 base points prior to the end of the 90-day promotional period.

Your upcoming Mint reservation Xxxxx would earn approximately 3,114 base points ($1038 x3) if completed. Earning these points would meet your 3,750 requirement.

There isn't a way to track the progress of the challenge, besides adding up the base points in your history.

We appreciate you being a valued TrueBlue member since 2014 and we hope you have a wonderful trip to Los Angeles!

Kind regards,

Amy
JetBlue | TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
Crewmember

Last edited by l etoile; Sep 1, 2017 at 9:20 am Reason: Removed identifying info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.