Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by jmorgans
I am planning to have them match my CP and then use my Jetblue points to upgrade seats on a flight scheduled for Feb 2018. I doubt that I will fulfill the challenge, so will no longer have Mosaic status once I actually take the flight. Will this work?
It should
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Don't forget to upgrade before your status expires
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Successfully status matched CP to Mosaic, and excited to fly with them later this year. Question for JetBlue vets - if I book a flight with points, are the taxes/fees refunded back to my credit card when cancelling (a la Southwest)?

Related question - can I use my Travel Bank to pay for taxes/fees on a TrueBlue points booking?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Successfully status matched CP to Mosaic, and excited to fly with them later this year. Question for JetBlue vets - if I book a flight with points, are the taxes/fees refunded back to my credit card when cancelling (a la Southwest)?
No - refunded to travelbank
Related question - can I use my Travel Bank to pay for taxes/fees on a TrueBlue points booking?
Yes
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
No - refunded to travelbank

Yes
Great, thanks! Guess I can't be as flighty with my B6 bookings as I can with Southwest!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:27 am

Can someone explain how the refunds work. If I have mosaic and book for a family of 3 and then one of the members (not me) needs to cancel, is that ticket totally refundable to the travel bank? Or is it just my ticket as I have the status?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you're all booked on the same PNR you can refund all tix IME. Separate PNRs cannot be refunded. And refunding just the non-mosaic on the PNR is definitely outside the spirit of the rules; I'm not certain how it plays in reality.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:12 am

thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I guess it's different for others, but to me I'm not biting.

Checked bags? I don't ever do that, can't lounge around with bags.

Other priority stuff and freebies are easily replicated on legacy carriers with low-level elite status (which I have). I suppose "refundable" award bookings might make sense, and that's the only thing that entices me. But I have tons of SW points and they are truly refundable bookings, and SW goes to more places that JetBlue.

I agree B6 hard product is good, but then you don't need to be Mosaic to enjoy that.

I'll do the match, but I don't have any B6 flights planned or even for the forseeable future. Decided to do my flying in Delta status challenge.
Boarding first is a big deal with Jet Blue. Many vacation travelers carrying on trunks for suitcases who will leave wherever whenever. Also changing for free is good including (I think) points bookings.

But it is really only good if you are someplace and go often (for pleasure) to B6 hotspots.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've had JetBlue make exceptions for me where they've refunded cash instead of travel bank. Always over the phone though.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Yep, if you're nice you can get a cash refund.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:48 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sbm12
If you're all booked on the same PNR you can refund all tix IME. Separate PNRs cannot be refunded. And refunding just the non-mosaic on the PNR is definitely outside the spirit of the rules; I'm not certain how it plays in reality.
You can change or refund anyone on the PNR without penalty. I've done this numerous times.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The 90-day challenge period from the signup expiration date (14 Aug) barely overlaps the start of the first daily LAS Mint service, scheduled for 6 Nov. Wondering if I should reschedule stuff to complete the challenge that week.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Enrolled my spouse, who is a DL Gold. Took literally 10 minutes to get the match confirmation. She was already enjoying the mosaic benefits when flying with me, but now she will be more keen to take a Jetblue flight instead of a DL flight knowing that she has priority security, boarding, free bags, and more flexibility to change flights.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
with the status match to mosaic, can i extend the expiration of an existing travel bank credit expiring by booking and then later cancelling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.