Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any experience getting Priority Pass lounge in SFO flying B6?

Old Jul 2, 17, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic

I have Priority Pass with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, but about a year ago when I tried using the PP lounge in SFO, Terminal A, they said Jet Blue flights are not allowed in the lounge. Only international flights are. I have seen in other sites people saying access should have been granted. Traveling again in a couple weeks and curious if anyone here has been able to gain PP Lounge access with a valid PP card when flying B6 out of SFO.
Old Jul 2, 17, 11:43 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
In a recent Lounge Buddy posting I saw "Air France KLM Lounge: Priority Pass and other lounge membership access may be restricted from 1100-1430 and 1900-2200. International flights only."

But then read a late 2016 report of someone using it during off peak hours on an AS flight.
Old Jul 2, 17, 1:06 pm

The restricted times listed on the Priority Pass site or app are followed by the lounge staff as these are peak times when Air France or KLM flights depart and the lounge will get pretty crowded. I've used my Priority Pass to access this lounge on multiple occasions out of these peak times without any issues at all. The staff will ask for your membership card (may also accept the digital card but I'm not sure) and then they verify you have a flight departing terminal A by seeing your boarding pass. I last used this lounge for an 11:45AM Jetblue flight and had no issues getting in at 10AM. Last year I had a 2ish PM flight with jetBlue and when I attempted to access the lounge around Noon I was told Priority Pass members were not currently being allowed due to capacity (in all fairness the lounge looked packed at that time and I probably wouldn't have fund anywhere to sit if I was allowed in).
Old Jul 3, 17, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! I will report back after my flight. it is the 11:30am SFO-JFK JetBlue. If they stick with the hours listed, I should be OK.
Old Jul 3, 17, 6:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, SPG Plat, Le Club Accor Plat, Hertz 5 Star
I have tried using this lounge at least 6 times for different flights at different times of the day, and have never been let in. Based on my experience I would say the odds that you are let in are pretty low. I have written Priority Pass to complain but they did not respond.
Old Jul 3, 17, 11:35 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Worth noting, have had no problems using the AF/Priority Pass lounge in Boston even when AF had a delayed flight going to CDG and the lounge was packed. Love the new T4-T5 connector in Boston that makes it easy....
Old Jul 10, 17, 1:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite
Yes, they'll turn you away. I'm selfishly a bit glad of this, because it gets plenty busy with just other AF/KL travelers.
Old Jul 13, 17, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I have used this lounge the past four weeks in a row, flying a B6 flight that departed at 10:10p. The first two times, I showed up around 8:45p and was let in, no questions asked. The third time, I tried to enter around 7:45p and was politely told to please return around 8:20p (after most of the AF paxs had departed).
Old Jul 13, 17, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
Worth noting, have had no problems using the AF/Priority Pass lounge in Boston even when AF had a delayed flight going to CDG and the lounge was packed. Love the new T4-T5 connector in Boston that makes it easy....
BOS does not T4 or T5. It has A,B,C, and E...
Old Sep 8, 17, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueman2 View Post
Thanks for the info! I will report back after my flight. it is the 11:30am SFO-JFK JetBlue. If they stick with the hours listed, I should be OK.
As a follow up, I was allowed in without any questions or issues.
Old Feb 26, 19, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Just bumping up thread to see if any changes. I have flight SFO to BOS at 11:53AM on Saturday in a few weeks. Hope to use lounge before flight. Likely arrive around 10-10:30 AM. Thanks
Old Feb 27, 19, 8:46 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
Just bumping up thread to see if any changes. I have flight SFO to BOS at 11:53AM on Saturday in a few weeks. Hope to use lounge before flight. Likely arrive around 10-10:30 AM. Thanks
I haven't flown out of SFO for about 9 months, but the last time I was there they had an 'overflow' lounge for Priority Pass. I went to Air France and was directed to go upstairs to an asian airline lounge (China Southern?). Anyway, it worked out great as that lounge was basically empty.
Old Feb 27, 19, 11:53 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
I have used the lounge around 15 times since September and haven't had a problem getting in at all hours of the day. Two times I had to wait briefly due to a mechanical delay which caused the lounge to stay full for longer than they expected. That said, after a few minutes, I was able to get in. Probably easier now that it is off season but if you want to be sure to get in, arrive well before/after AF/KL/KE's flights depart.
Old Feb 28, 19, 11:59 am

I had no problem using the Air France/KLM lounge in October (flight around noon). I found it sooo much nicer than my home lounge in BOS. Way better food selection too.