Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to orders A330neos [Unconfirmed rumor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue to orders A330neos [Unconfirmed rumor]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Free agent
I hope they never expand the midwest. Push to Europe ASAP please.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BbTrumpet
FWIW, on a flight last week from BOS, cabin crew remarked that they'd be starting Europe service with the A321LR. This seems far more likely than introduction of 330s.
This has been discussed for a while now. Still not confirmed, but at least executives are talking about it, not just cabin crew.

Originally Posted by BbTrumpet
Also the OP's link was gone by the time I went to check it.
Not surprised he deleted it once he found out he got played.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I'd honestly rather see them beef up domestic capacity before expanding to Europe.

Midwest footprint is still awful and while West Coast has improved, you still really can't get anywhere in the middle of the country or between focus cities and smaller cities on the West Coast.
They already fly to most places from BOS.

As for NYC, it would be nice if they have more domestic capacity, but their current slot portfolio in LGA really doesn't allow for any addition to midwest. Flying from JFK to midwest is going to be lower yielding, so the best bet is to add flights to Europe. That's where people like to go for vacations and where all the major wall street companies have their other corporate offices.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I hope they never expand the midwest. Push to Europe ASAP please.
Yes, as long if they start Europe service. You will see A321NLR.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
The A321neo LR will allow them to try European service without the same commitment as a A330neo. If they order an A330neo and Europe is a failure, they now have widebodies and nothing to do with them. Also heard that they wanted to go farther into South America from FLL with the A321neo LR.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
B6 doesn't have any ERJ-190s coming until 2020(according to Wiki and a block post) which kind of sucks as I'd like to see them do some sort of expansion from the NE to some Canadian cities.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
B6 doesn't have any ERJ-190s coming until 2020(according to Wiki and a block post) which kind of sucks as I'd like to see them do some sort of expansion from the NE to some Canadian cities.
And I'm skeptical that those 190s are still really coming.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Why is that? I know you know a hell of a lot more about B6 than I do.

Originally Posted by sbm12
And I'm skeptical that those 190s are still really coming.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: GE
I assume it has to do with the huge reliability problems JetBlue has had with their E190s and the unexpected maintenance costs.

Given how they are constrained by slots even at their hubs I wouldn't be surprised to see widebodies someday, but not today. Right now there are too many advantages of an all A320/A321/neo lineup. I expect to see them go all in as much as possible on A321/neo to push their international routes and mint product.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
I assume it has to do with the huge reliability problems JetBlue has had with their E190s and the unexpected maintenance costs.

Given how they are constrained by slots even at their hubs I wouldn't be surprised to see widebodies someday, but not today. Right now there are too many advantages of an all A320/A321/neo lineup. I expect to see them go all in as much as possible on A321/neo to push their international routes and mint product.
Also the ongoing full order book review process where they've said nothing is guaranteed. The E90s are great for specific markets, particularly in BOS where JetBlue has to do multiple daily frequencies to establish service that appeals to business travelers, not leisure. But eventually airport congestion takes over and the airline has to scale up, not just out.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:41 pm

I would think they will end up with a great deal on E2 for either 190 or 195 given that Embraer has high incentive to keep Jetblue happy after the issues they've had with E90. We will see how the fleet review work out though. The lower capacity of E90 works great for all the business flights out of Boston. It's hard to see them just upsizing that to A320.

Until then, would be interesting to see how many A321 will get converted to LR. Will be a good indication of their TATL ambitions.

A321LR also allows them to reach Rio and Sao Paulo out of FLL, which would be huge.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
If B6 expands to Europe, I hope they upgrade the existing Mint product. I think the seat is one of the worst in the flat bed market.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
If B6 expands to Europe, I hope they upgrade the existing Mint product. I think the seat is one of the worst in the flat bed market.
I think their was a thread about how their bed cushion is inflatable and if you get them inflated, it would be a lot more comfortable.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tphuang
I think their was a thread about how their bed cushion is inflatable and if you get them inflated, it would be a lot more comfortable.
It has more to do with the limited position of the recline.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: GE
Since we're in wish-list mode, I would like to see JetBlue offer an all-mint A350XWB going to Europe or South America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.