B6 199 LGA-MCO canceled

Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

B6 199 LGA-MCO canceled

Hello all. Can someone please tell me why B6 199 LGA to MCO on Thursday June 8 was cancelled this morning. My friend was supposed to fly on that flight. The gate agents did not say why and rebook him on a later flight out of JFK to MCO.
Thank you.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The B6 198 flight from MCO was canceled so the technical reason for the B6 199 not operating is most likely lack of aircraft.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I want to write to customer service about this inconvenience.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Hope your friend gets a gesture from B6 for the delay. Depending on the time of the delay there may be some prescribed compensation in the B6 Customer Bill of Rights.

I find they're pretty good at apologizing when things go south.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will not get anything as you were not flying. Your friend should do the complaining. At a minimum, B6 ought to provide a taxi or bus voucher from JFK to LGA.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

He will be writing the complaint. I am just trying to gather all the information for him. JetBlue did not offer any transportation vouchers from LGA to JFK. That would have been nice if they did.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:19 pm

From the weather hitting Florida over the last few days, especially yesterday in Mco, the plane was late coming from BQN (729/730) and arrived in MCO at 738a. Looks like aircraft were playing catch up through the night to get the ops realigned and your friends flight, the Lga turn, was the casualty to right size the operation. Amazing what you can find via flightaware sometimes on the aircraft whereabouts and get more realtime answers.... so looks like it was a weather related cancel, since the storms also rolled through central Florida around 8a too.... it's been a mess the last few days with Mother Nature and the deluge of rain over the last 4 days.

Was your friend already at Lga when the rebook happened? If only the airtrain connected Lga and JFK.

Last edited by Flyin_rabbit88; Jun 8, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

I believe he was at the airport gate area in LGA when the GA announced the flight cancellation. Not much he can complain about if it was weather related. He booked the flight the day before of travel due to family related reasons. Yes one can only dream of a AirTran between LGA and JFK. If they do build it, might as well include EWR and Penn Station .
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mobile19
Yes one can only dream of a AirTran between LGA and JFK. If they do build it, might as well include EWR and Penn Station .
It will probably take as long as building the 3 stations of the 2nd Ave Stubway.
There is funding for Airtrain to LGA and PATH to EWR an projects are in place.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
There is funding for Airtrain to LGA
Yeah, but it is a crappy rendition that will not improve the LGA-JFK connection at all. Unlikely it improves much of anything, really.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin_rabbit88
From the weather hitting Florida over the last few days, especially yesterday in Mco, the plane was late coming from BQN (729/730) and arrived in MCO at 738a.
It's been storming every day here in Orlando. Probably causing all sorts of delays.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yeah, but it is a crappy rendition that will not improve the LGA-JFK connection at all. Unlikely it improves much of anything, really.
It will be great if you live in Flushing or on the Port Washington branch.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Were the later LGA flights full? They offer pretty frequent service to MCO from LGA. They've also redone Concourse A so it's actually a nicer area to wait now than it used to be.

In any event, I thought they kept an extra A320 at LGA the way they do with the A321 at LAX. I've seen them sitting at a hard stand on occasion. But maybe they were just getting maintenance.

Too bad they couldn't just ferry one over from JFK. Must not have been a full flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.