Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mosaic: Screwed on missing flights/points

Old May 9, 17, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Hi FT'ers

Hoping you (or the resident B7 online helper) can help. I fly every week for one of the top global consulting firms. We have a glitch in our AMEX ticketing system that if I book a single trip with multiple airlines (I often fly B7 into ORD, another airline back due to scheduling), the B7 leg is not showing up for Mosaic status. I have approx 20 legs in the last 6 months that did not show up. I requested re-instatement thru B7 Mosaic online, but every single one was rejected. Which is nonsense.

Is there a Mosaic fairy on FT or a special Mosaic email address (there is no way I am calling the helpdesk for this many missing tickets.

Help! And thank you.
Old May 9, 17, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
I'm not entirely sure I am understanding the issue. Are you saying that your Mosaic status is not being recognized, or the JetBlue (it's B6, by the way) segment isn't being ticketed at all? It's the part where you mention getting it reinstated that is confusing to me.

Have you tried calling someone from the AMEX help desk and having them open a ticket to investigate? I would be pretty surprised if there is in fact a glitch in ticketing, and I suspect there is a relatively easy fix.

I assume booking two one ways is not an option for you, for some reason? Unless you're booking airlines within th same alliance, I don't see the benefit to you booking two separate carriers on the same reservation (unless of course you're trying to avoid a separate transaction fee....in my case we're charged north of $15 for every transaction, but they don't seem to care that I often book direct with the airline).

Are you adding any notes to your reservation specifically asking to have your Mosaic number added to "B7"? If so...that may be why your number isn't sticking....and you may be an elite with Uni Air out of Taiwan without even knowing it.

Last edited by CKinMD; May 9, 17 at 7:46 pm Reason: Added content
Old May 9, 17, 7:35 pm

Programs: AGR Select Exec, MR Plat, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
Also, the few times I've called the Mosaic desk I've always found them incredibly helpful and nice to deal with - I wouldn't hesitate calling them about this.
Old May 9, 17, 11:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Had the same issue with segments being rejected online. Can confirm that calling the helpdesk usually gets these done fairly quickly.
Old May 10, 17, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
I find the twitter team by DM to be very helpful to me as a mosaic. If you don't want to call, just send them a DM with all the PNRs
Old May 10, 17, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Sorry, all, if I am confusing the issue. Was tired and frustrated last night when I posted. Even though I have B6 (duh) saved with my FF number in my ticketing system, and the ticket gets created...once I travel, the trip does not get credited for Mosaic points. I've already spoken to AMEX, but they were not much help. I will call Mosaic customer service (thanks OEBB and thinkout), but also the liaison between my firm and B6 to see if they can help.

I have started to book one ways, but it doesn't help me get the multitude of points that I've forfeited due to uncredited flights segments.

JayDubya, what do you mean by "just send them a DM with all the PNRs "?

Thanks
Old May 10, 17, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by navi_jen View Post
JayDubya, what do you mean by "just send them a DM with all the PNRs "?

Thanks
Follow @jetBlue on Twitter and send them a private message /direct message with your trueblue account info, as well as the record locators for the flights that didn't post correctly. They'll work on it without you having to wait on the phone while they do it, and they'll send you a message back when they're done
Old May 10, 17, 11:19 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Yeah, I can confirm they'll turn it around very quickly via Twitter.
Old May 12, 17, 4:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite
Thirded - they even changed my personal info (middle names) to get PreCheck to work more reliably. Best Twitter / social media support team.
Old May 12, 17, 4:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, SPG Plat, Le Club Accor Plat, Hertz 5 Star
Mosaic phone support is also very efficient; I have had reasonably complicated requests dealt with very quickly, within minutes.