FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   jetBlue Moving to T5 at LAX 5/17 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1841004-jetblue-moving-t5-lax-5-17-a.html)

JHewAtNEU May 6, 2017 10:41 am

jetBlue Moving to T5 at LAX 5/17

1 Attachment(s)
The title says it all. From the Travel Alerts page on jetblue.com

OEBB May 6, 2017 8:39 pm

This is has been in the works for a while as Delta is consolidating into T3 and pretty much all other airlines are moving gates/terminals as a result.

Good news for B6 as Delta, even knowing they would move, has invested $229 million into T5 recently and T3 was pretty dumpy. I'm sure T3 will be very nice when Delta is done with it.

tphuang May 8, 2017 8:49 am

got into lax on Friday night, it was zoo in there even at close to midnight. Anyone flying out of LAX probably should get there 2 hours ahead of time to be safe.

Would be good to see how much further B6 can expand in T5 after the move. They have the 2 dedicated gates + 4 CUTE gates they can shares with other airlines.

sfozrhfco May 8, 2017 4:58 pm

Terminal 3 was not bad this morning but once the moving process starts in a few days, it will likely be a mess--though Terminal 5 should be better. With construction going on for years, Terminal 3 would be best avoided after this week.

wetsand May 8, 2017 6:50 pm

Have a mint flight in October. Wonder which lounge will be available?

Yoshi212 May 9, 2017 3:41 pm

Are you aware that Mint service does not include lounge access?

Previously people accessed the Virgin America Loft via Lounge Club, Priority Pass membership or purchasing directly.

Originally Posted by wetsand (Post 28285977)

sbm12 May 10, 2017 8:19 am

Originally Posted by wetsand (Post 28285977)

You will have physical access to everything from TBIT to T8 so pick whichever lounge you want to access from those available depending on how you plan to buy in. The Mint ticket will still not allow you in, as Yoshi212 notes.

wetsand May 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 28292702)
You will have physical access to everything from TBIT to T8 so pick whichever lounge you want to access from those available depending on how you plan to buy in. The Mint ticket will still not allow you in, as Yoshi212 notes.

Thank you, I know mint does nothing to access lounges. I have priority pass
and centurion lounge access and was wondering what lounge I might have access to after tsa.

sbm12 May 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by wetsand (Post 28293800)
I have priority pass and centurion lounge access and was wondering what lounge I might have access to after tsa.

No Centurion Lounge at LAX now AFAIK. AS Board Room in T6 should still be there, though getting in might be tough as I understand it. If a full PPass does the UClub in T7 allow access? It is pretty nice, with a deck and such. The DL SkyClub in T5 is almost certainly closing as DL moves to T2/3 but something else might take it over and run it as a pay lounge, maybe?

OEBB May 17, 2017 6:53 am

Today is Day 1 for B6 in T5. Anyone traveling in/out please report back on how things are going!

MSYtoJFKagain May 17, 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by OEBB (Post 28322842)
Today is Day 1 for B6 in T5. Anyone traveling in/out please report back on how things are going!

Seconded, I'm headed out there in a few weeks and would love to know how things are working.

shamwow86 May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

I just flew B6 out of LAX terminal 5, last night.
I took a redeye from LAX to BUF. The new terminal is a vast improvement over the old terminal 3.
I arrived from BUF at terminal 3, 10 days ago. Terminal 3 is too small for the passengers it handled. I've been there when it was standing room only. Its not a nice terminal. The atmosphere was grim.
When I left from Terminal 5 last night, the JetBlue counters were well staffed and I checked my bag and was on my way to the gate in no time. The counters are still in transition, so, I can't say what they will be like when finished.
Security was a breeze there was no one in the pre check line and I sailed through. It looks like they may have streamlined things. At least I hope they did, T3 was a mess.
The gate area is bright and clean with a lot more seating. They share the terminal with American. There are more shopping and eating options available. There are more stations to recharge electronics.
The PA systems were not working, so the GA's had to shout boarding instructions, it was actually kind of funny. So there are a lot of glitch's to fix.
Its still is a huge improvement over the old terminal.

OEBB Jun 2, 2017 4:01 pm

Flew into T3 last night on Delta and out of T5 with B6 this morning so able to get a good comparison.

It will be interesting to see what T3 looks like post $1.9 billion investment. Otherwise, same old T3 we know...

Got to T5 about 8:30 AM this morning (a Friday). JetBlue hasn't yet done "their thing" to the check-in area (like they have in the focus cities where it's so open), but it looks pretty solid. There are several A321 flights out in the AM to multiple destinations (even though they only have 2 gates) so it was busy, but no wait to print my boarding pass as the kiosk. The counters were well staffed and lines were small.

Security was another matter. There was a line to get in line. Apparently, they expect this so they we were prepared and kept it orderly (said no one ever of the TSA?). The security check point and gates are upstairs from check-in and I'd say there were 75 people in line to go up the escalators TO the checkpoint. The line flowed smoothly and after 5-10 minutes I made it upstairs. From then on PreCheck was a breeze and after another 5 minutes I was through. PreCheck isn't near the regular line, but given how many people were there I would estimate they were waiting a while so keep that in mind if you do not have PreCheck.

I guess I'm spoiled by T5 (at JFK), because I was somewhat disappointed by T5 (LAX). It is miles better than T3 and there are certainly more dining options, but it's not as open and clean as B6 at JFK (where they basically own the terminal). Also, it was quite crowded and being less open than JFK the gate areas were really tight. The gate lice were out in force more than I've ever seen at JFK, but that's not a B6 thing. Since I had a while before boarding I actually walked through the tunnel connector to T6 and used my priority pass to hang out in the Alaska Board Room. I'm not a lounge snob (one of the great things about being based in a huge hub is not having to connect or a frequent want for lounges), but since I allowed time for security and didn't want to get squished at the gate it was worth the quick walk (also quick tip, they have a pancake machine which is awesome).

Terminal 5 is certainly an improvement and given B6 has only been there a couple of weeks I'm excited for them to implement the way they do things and show the other airlines what it's like to fly the best airline in the sky.

haddon90 Jun 2, 2017 4:51 pm

PP does not get you into the UC in T7

onebigworld Jun 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Any recent updates of T5? And the closest lounge if you have Priority Pass and AE Plat?