Wiki Posts
Search

Inefficient service inflight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Inefficient service inflight

I'm on flight 732 from lga to Boston. None of the promised benefits have been delivered. There was no snack given out while boarding, and the onboard service was express, with limited drink and snack selection, and no coffee or alcohol.
I don't think this was the crew's fault - it's the whole way service is done on JetBlue. Using a tray for drinks instead of rolling a cart down the aisle sounds nice, but it takes way too long for a 40 minute flight.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by jay_dubya

40 minute flight.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CKinMD
Not saying it's a big deal for me - just that they look bad advertising there new service from lga to Boston as having unique elements and then not delivering.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The service has been changed since late Dec/early Jan. They changed to the express service because of people complaining about the simits as well as the crews being unfamiliar with the fact that beer/wine was complimentary on the route (the FAs were charging for it). JetBlue likes to have cookie-cutter training (they're still announcing that FlyFi is available at 10k ft after the double ding even though gate-to-gate is advertised) so I don't think that crews that made it onto that route were ever trained to do the special service.

JetBlue has always used the tray (actually in the past they stuffed beverages into their aprons before that)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:38 am

Did you ask for coffee when they came with the tray of water?

I've never had them give out snacks during boarding, did you ask?

It's a little absurd that you're upset that they didn't take a rolling cart down the aisle on a 40 minute flight.

You start by saying "none of the promised benefits have been delivered." Was there free wifi, leg room, snacks, drinks, tv, music?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm a mosaic also. I fly JFK to IAD all the time on B6. Its always been "express" service. In order to serve 95 or so people on express, the FA's run their tails off. If I really want a wine or a beer on the Friday afternoon flight, I ask quietly and they always slip me one on one of their trips by my row. (I think they do this on the sly because they don't want everyone asking for an adult beverage)
A couple things to note:

1. JetBlue has stepped up their game for mosaics
2. They always make sure I get whatever I want
3. United and Delta don't offer ANYTHING on their flights between NYC and IAD and their FA's do very little on the short flight. (United in particular)

No complaints from me.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
As others have mentioned we switched out BOS LGA service to our express services as many crews and customers complained that there wasn't enough time to provide a full beverage service. The "bagel or pretzel" we handed out was a complete disaster and often complained about. Service may change once we go carts in the aisle but as or right now plans are to stay express with complimentary alcohol still offered.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
It never hurts to ask for something special. May inflight will try to accommodate special requests for something else. Politely ask for a different drink if we have time.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
once we go carts in the aisle .
Wait, what?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by amejr999
Wait, what?
Seconded. What?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I third that... Is JetBlue really going to carts? I thought the whole point in shrinking the galley in the new reconfigs was because they didn't use carts. I thought the older system where they just stuffed a bunch of beverages into an apron (after taking orders) was very effective although tacky.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Seconded. What?
Third WHAT?
I do miss the carts banging into my shoulder, my shoulders are a bit wider than the seat or a passenger stepping in the row to get around the cart with the "cart shuffle".
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:18 am

I know people will possibly attack me...

First jetBlue needs to update its advertisement regarding this new service. The simit service lasted so short... but if they are serious about it, it could be successful. I like the simit personally. But I don't think no one will turn down a bagel or even a donut or a nice pastry.

Second full beverage service is tough but if F/As used their time sufficiently, it can be done. The takeoff queues in LGA are always long and I am sure that F/As have plenty to time to take beverage orders before takeoff. If they have time to "play" with their phone during that 20 minutes queue time at LGA, they can have easily finished taking the beverage order and once they passed 10K, it makes their lives easier. If Southwest F/As can do it and WN is still a safe airline, I think jetBlue can do it.

In general, jetBlue is doing a good job on these short haul flights but I feel that there is plenty of room to make it better.

Carfield
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Carfield

First jetBlue needs to update its advertisement regarding this new service. The simit service lasted so short... but if they are serious about it, it could be successful. I like the simit personally. But I don't think no one will turn down a bagel or even a donut or a nice pastry.

Second full beverage service is tough but if F/As used their time sufficiently, it can be done. The takeoff queues in LGA are always long and I am sure that F/As have plenty to time to take beverage orders before takeoff. If they have time to "play" with their phone during that 20 minutes queue time at LGA, they can have easily finished taking the beverage order and once they passed 10K, it makes their lives easier. If Southwest F/As can do it and WN is still a safe airline, I think jetBlue can do it.

In general, jetBlue is doing a good job on these short haul flights but I feel that there is plenty of room to make it better.

Carfield
I agree with you. I've had full single-tray meals with drink service on slightly longer intra-European routes. It's certainly possible to get through drinks and a snack on LGA-BOS, just a matter of getting the execution down.

JetBlue has consistently good service in my experience. I'm sure they're working on getting it right, but expectations should be managed better. Do a soft rollout before advertising any benefits at all.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carfield

Carfield
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I agree with you. I've had full single-tray meals with drink service on slightly longer intra-European routes. It's certainly possible to get through drinks and a snack on LGA-BOS, just a matter of getting the execution down.

JetBlue has consistently good service in my experience. I'm sure they're working on getting it right, but expectations should be managed better. Do a soft rollout before advertising any benefits at all.
^
Exactly what I was trying to say when I started this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.