Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue buddy pass.

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue buddy pass.

I've flown stand by D3 buddy pass on AA previously and if there was an open seat in biz or first class, the gate agent would issue me a seat there. Does jetblue offer the same for their buddy passes? Do I have to be listed by phone for that cabin section specifically or does the gate agent have ability to put me there? I've wanted to try their mint product if possible on a buddy pass. Fingers crossed for some insight here on it.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ask the employee from whom you've acquired the pass.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old May 4, 2017, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Jet Blue Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 4, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Long story which I wont dive into here, but I wanted to have info in hand before asking the employee. If anyone can answer the question, that would be great. Thank you
Old May 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The majority of B6 planes are Economy only with Even More Room seats that have some extra leg room.
I sat in the same row with an employee on a JFK-LAX segment and while he did get an EMR row to himself (before I asked if I could move into the aisle seat) but mentioned that he didn't want to put in for a mint seat.
Don't know the specifics but it seems that B6 protects the revenue of the Mint product so i wouldn't expect it, especially on a buddy pass.

But the employee that provides you the buddy pass will know best.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
The majority of B6 planes are Economy only with Even More Room seats that have some extra leg room.
I sat in the same row with an employee on a JFK-LAX segment and while he did get an EMR row to himself (before I asked if I could move into the aisle seat) but mentioned that he didn't want to put in for a mint seat.
Don't know the specifics but it seems that B6 protects the revenue of the Mint product so i wouldn't expect it, especially on a buddy pass.

But the employee that provides you the buddy pass will know best.
That would be an interesting data point because everyone over at the DL forum complains that the D1 cabin is filled with non-rev employees while DMs sit in the back with their GUCs...
Old May 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
No buddy passes in Mint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.