Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Separate boarding line for Mosaics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Separate boarding line for Mosaics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:29 am

I noticed this marked line deplaning yesterday morning at gate 14. Definitely said mint, not sure about mosaic.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I had the separated boarding zones last week on a flight from BOS to LAS. I am fairly shocked that JetBlue would even do this as a trial. They've done everything possible to not make Mosaic visible as an 'elite' program to regular pax and (as a Mosaic) I personally like that JetBlue doesn't give the impression that they only care about elite customers (like AA, UA & DL do...and even then not consistently). Having people line-up to board the plane in literally two 'classes' seems completely against what JetBlue stands for. Since the FAs are supposed to board Mosaic & Mint first anyway (and do 80% of the time, IME), the only benefit I see to this segmented boarding is that Mosaic/Mint customers arriving late can cut to the front of the line.

The irony of the new boarding process on my flight was that even though about 5 people queued-up in the Mosaic line (no Mint on this flight) waiting for boarding to begin, when they called Mosaic pre-board, they only boarded Mosaics via the standard line, stranding the people who had waited! Let's just say it caused a mess and no one seemed happy.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by moulder3
the only benefit I see to this segmented boarding is that Mosaic/Mint customers arriving late can cut to the front of the line.
Excellent. That's a huge perk.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yes, more time in a lounge (not provided by B6 as of yet) and for two RefreshMint cocktails before takeoff.

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Excellent. That's a huge perk.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Wasn't at JFK nor LAX this weekend.
It wasn't at JFK last week either
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I'd settle for bags with Mint/Mosaic tags actually being prioritized.
I've had the worst luck with this at JFK and LGB.

Best luck at LGA.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:03 pm

Grabbed a blurry pic yesterday at BOS, took a stroll down to the new E gates (BA A380 was in), on the walk to my gate the signage was up by the new C gates (8,9,10), and in the area by C16...

No announcement was made regarding the boarding aisle for Mosaics and we boarded through the normal lane.
Attached Images  
Old May 8, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Any word on this spreading to more airports?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.