Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Introducing New Product to Target Millennials

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Free checked luggage, blocked middle seat and complimentary snack service....

https://www.travelcodex.com/2017/03/...lennial-class/
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Took me a while to get to the bottom
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:26 pm
Suspended

the crazy thing about it is, this is something right up JetBlews alley
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Beyond over all of the millennial bashing that seems to happen so widely in society. When people make jokes like this it just points to their own insecurity about their age.

It also points the stunning ability of the entire baby boomer generation to magically forget all of the ways that the generation before them thought they were terrible, corrupt, out of touch, crazy, etc.

Millennials are the the creation of baby boomers. Baby boomers choose to move to sanitized suburbs that were out of touch with reality and raise every child to be the center of the universe, and then have the gall to be surprised or poke fun at the result. Enough.

Furthermore, the entitlement is also rooted in the reality that we did not get half the chance at success as previous generations. We're loaded with student debt and entered a workforce that has not seen meaningful wage growth in a generation. Most of us can't afford a home in major cities because we don't have $100K+ sitting around for a down payment, and lets not even talk about the political mess in government we've inherited from our parents.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Not to get personal here, but let me take a guess which generation you are in? That article was hysterical!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I got a kick out of it. But then again I hate when people tell me I am in the age range.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:30 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
I still cant understand why more Airlines dont offer [Pay for empty Middle Seat]

Its a Great Revenue earner as with the right software you can sell it twice.

Vueling The Spanish IAG LCC allow you to do it online, its so easy.

Their system allocates your seats FREE.

I recently tried with Bangkok Airways but strangely and greedily they wanted 150%. Why when there's less weight. And an Airlines can Sell it twice.

Sometime Airlines Just don't Understand.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I've purchased a second seat on a couple of different airlines. It does take a phone call but not much of a hassle.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Beyond over all of the millennial bashing that seems to happen so widely in society. When people make jokes like this it just points to their own insecurity about their age.

It also points the stunning ability of the entire baby boomer generation to magically forget all of the ways that the generation before them thought they were terrible, corrupt, out of touch, crazy, etc.

Millennials are the the creation of baby boomers. Baby boomers choose to move to sanitized suburbs that were out of touch with reality and raise every child to be the center of the universe, and then have the gall to be surprised or poke fun at the result. Enough.

Furthermore, the entitlement is also rooted in the reality that we did not get half the chance at success as previous generations. We're loaded with student debt and entered a workforce that has not seen meaningful wage growth in a generation. Most of us can't afford a home in major cities because we don't have $100K+ sitting around for a down payment, and lets not even talk about the political mess in government we've inherited from our parents.
I'm not sure which one was funnier, your post or the article.....

Thanks OP for the link....made my day
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Finally! The blocked middle seat concept on JetBlue used by Europe. Was wondering who would be first, WN or B6.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
WestJet blocks the middle seat in its extra legroom seats
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:46 am
HMO

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Finally! The blocked middle seat concept on JetBlue used by Europe. Was wondering who would be first, WN or B6.
I believe you didn't read the article up to its end...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.