Go Back   > > >

Old Mar 20, 17, 5:36 am   #1
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM. DL Plat
Changed ticket online with no fee: then asked to pay by agent

I have a mint ticket, lax-Bos that I changed online yesterday. It was a time change to a later flight. I went through the process and no add/collect was solicited. (I think when I first bought the ticket, I had status. Perhaps that's why?).

But at the end of the online process, I was directed to call B6 because something "went wrong."

B6 agent tells me I owe $75 for the change. I say "never mind, please put me back on original."

After we finish, I go back online and change ticket again. No fee solicited. Same error at end. I log out and log in. The reservation looks fine. I have an email confirmation.

Any insights here as to what transpired and what I should do?
zrs70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 17, 6:31 am   #2
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you saying that the second time you got an error and did not call in to clear it? If so there is a decent chance the ticket is messed up and you'll be unhappy when you try to check in and/or get to the gate.
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 17, 5:24 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM. DL Plat
Update

I called B6 back, and the agent told me there is a fee. She was very nice, but adamant. I explained that on her end, she is doing everything right. But that on the customer's end, there is a glitch.

I asked her to leave things alone, as I wanted to write JetBlue and explain the problem.

She then did some typing, told me she would waive the change fee, and re-issued my ticket.
zrs70 is offline   Reply With Quote