Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue ‘Disappointed’ as Flight Attendants Vote to Join Union

Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I bet the FAs aren't disappointed though but from what I've heard, Delta FAs are cheering them on as well.

Flight attendants at JetBlue Airways voted overwhelmingly in favor of joining a union, according to results of a vote made public Tuesday.

Two-thirds of the airline’s 5,000 cabin crewmembers voted to have the Transport Workers Union represent the inflight workforce.

<SNIP>
This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.”
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Glad they chose TWU over AFA. However, this is a clear message that management has changed. We went from a non-union airline where every employee was happy and went the extra mile to all of them joining unions. This is not David Neeleman's or David Barger's B6 anymore.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Expect service standards will drop quickly...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: DL, UA, SPG, HH
Ugh. Indeed that management is doing a bad job if the workforce believes unionizing will help them.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by zeer0
Expect service standards will drop quickly...
Have to politely disagree. I never saw a drop in service standards on VX, when the FA's voted to join a union.

To the contrary, knowing they had some bargaining power with the company seemed to make them more invested in seeing VX succeed.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DCP2016
This is not David Neeleman's or David Barger's B6 anymore.
The pilots unionized under Barger, FWIW.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Pilots still don't have a contract for 3 years now. It will be interesting to watch how this plays out for FAs. I wish the media and bloggers would cover more of their side of the story instead of just the one sided press releases from the airline.

It's interesting that the vote was pretty split. From what I've been told, it seems like not everyone was in agreement on which union to go with.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:23 pm

55% of the total workgroup voted yes. But that doesn’t make for as exciting a headline. They are treated fine. People would rather believe someone emotional than someone factual. You tell people their jobs are at risk and dangle the risk, they bite the bait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.