ORH to JFK Announced

Old May 4, 18, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
I had a friend on the ORH-JFK inaugural this morning (I was on the MSP inaugural out of BOS). The ORH-JFK inaugural seemed nicer than the BOS-MSP inaugural since you got a full breakfast spread at ORH (BOS got coffee and cookies)
I think it was mostly done by the city and airport, not so much JetBlue. But it was nice.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 4, 18, 9:40 am

But on the MSP-BOS inaugural, we got a much nicer spread in Minneapolis with tapas including lobster mango ceviche and quiche, along with a cake and more Dunkin Donuts.

I agree though... it really depends on the airport authority too and I don't know how much JetBlue pays for it, along with its sponsors. Given the amount of "Mall of America" mentions during the BOS to MSP flight, I have a feeling that Mall of America might bare some costs too.

I am working on the detail report now. I have six hours onboard JetBlue flight back to SFO now so I will try to work on it.

Carfield
Old May 4, 18, 9:50 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I was surprised to see that BOS didn't get a full Dunkin Donuts breakfast spread like they did for the Atlanta inaugural last year, but I did notice that the Media Relations person (who coordinated the breakfast spread with Dunkin Donuts) wasn't present, and that an intern was taking her place instead. The intern was seated across the aisle from Marty, and had a DJI Osmo for shooting/videoing the on-board games, but he didn't actually do/record anything on board. He did ask me if I was from NBC, because they were expecting them, but like the Atlanta inaugural last year, no commercial media showed up at BOS.

As for the spread at MSP, I didn't see the ceviche or quiche, but it was quite crowded, so I didn't see where it was being served.

At Atlanta last year, the ATL airport authority was serving shrimp and grits!

I'll continue uploading the last few videos when I get to my hotel room. I'm at CLE for the FFG event tomorrow.

Here's the video of the MSP inaugural ribbon cutting at BOS. There was a decent mention of the ORH inaugural as well.

Last edited by diburning; May 4, 18 at 12:19 pm
Old May 4, 18, 9:27 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I for one, am glad to see more alternatives for B6 outside of BOS. No hate there, just liking options.