Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Even More Speed vs TSA Pre Check @JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Leaving out of JFK tomorrow and I recently got approved for Global Entry so I have my TSA PreCheck on my boarding pass. I also have an Even More Space seat which includes Even More Speed. Are the line for these two the same? If not which one should I choose. Is there anyway to use Even More Speed to get the the front of the Pre Check Line?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:38 pm

I just used EMS w/ TSA precheck for the first time 2 weeks ago, so I may have some details wrong, but in case you get no other answers:

The left side of security has an entrance for the extra space line that merges into the front of regular security, and the right side has an entrance for TSA precheck.

I actually went into the left side first, then went back out and went through precheck. I didn't see anything that combined ems with precheck
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
TSA PreCheck at the far end of the terminal by the HA and EI check-in counters hands down - keeping shoes on and liquids/laptop in your bag is huge, also generally moves pretty quickly. EMS only gets you to the front of the regular line, no special benefits for PreCheck.

Originally Posted by mirskyc
Leaving out of JFK tomorrow and I recently got approved for Global Entry so I have my TSA PreCheck on my boarding pass. I also have an Even More Space seat which includes Even More Speed. Are the line for these two the same? If not which one should I choose. Is there anyway to use Even More Speed to get the the front of the Pre Check Line?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by 764toHI
TSA PreCheck at the far end of the terminal by the HA and EI check-in counters hands down - keeping shoes on and liquids/laptop in your bag is huge, also generally moves pretty quickly. EMS only gets you to the front of the regular line, no special benefits for PreCheck.
Agreed! Been through T5 at JFK and Terminal C at BOS (the lines are at opposite end in both cases) recently and Pre Check lane is definitely the way to go assuming it's not significantly longer than the regular one. Even then, not having the hassle of removing shoes etc is much nicer.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

TSA Pre Check this morning had no line at all. Just had to wait for a family of 5 to leave the entrance after finding out both parents need TSA Pre Check to go through with the kids. I Got PreCheck with Global Entry. It was well worth the $100 after even this one time. The Even More Speed (Expedited Lane) had way more people and merged into the normal security. Even though there weren't many people and a short line for JFK it still looked like a mess. wi
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:21 am

I heard pre-check is so fast at T5 that it feels like TSA isn't there at all.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Yeah, they don't 'stack', effectively -- but that's of no concern as PreCheck is so insanely fast that there's no conceivable way it could be faster.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:09 am

If you come down the escalator from the air-bridge from parking/airtrain you have to go to the opposite side. As said there is a EMS/Pre marked entrance facing the escalator but that merges with non-expedited queue and it is a pain to get over to Pre-Check if you get the first TSO from my experience.
I have EMS most times and the little extra bit of walking to the other side is well worth the speed thru Pre.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:47 pm
JBD

TSA precheck still better than EMS?

I'm trying to help with my sister's trip - they fly in a few days.

TIA for your help.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The length of the line is irrelevant. Pre-Check moves an average of 7 passengers in the time it takes for 1 to move through the standard line. Add to that shoes, jacket, 3-1-1 baggie and this is an easy choice.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:00 pm
JBD

Thanks for the fast reply Often1!

I see above that Precheck is at the far end of the terminal. Could you (or some other kind FTer) please look at the linked PDF terminal map and tell me where about the TSA Precheck is found in relation to the map's numbering?

https://www.jetblue.com/p/travel/jfk...essionsMap.pdf
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Near D62.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:17 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Near D62.
Awesome. Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
In 99% of the cases, when there is a Pre-Check line and your ticket shows Pre-Check go there. This is based on having Pre-Check via Nexus, which is Global Entry for the US, plus similar trusted travel for Canada. Nexus in Canada also gives you expedited domestic security in most large Canadian airports. As an example, when I was last in Calgary the normal line had > 200 people and Nexus was empty. I saved 30 minutes easily and boarded first on a YYC > YYZ flight.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:36 am

i find pre-check to be more convenient than even more speed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.