Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mint for itineraries involving HAV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent!

I've been looking at travelling to HAV from either SFO or LAX but whenever I do a search for either location to HAV, Mint doesn't show up as a bookable option. However, if I book on the same date to either JFK or another B6 destination, I can get Mint to show up, even if the second leg (ie JFK - CLT) doesn't offer Mint.

Is there any reason why itineraries involving HAV don't allow you to book Mint?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:01 am

That sounds odd but it could be due to how the system handles Cuba flights.

Why not book the domestic, Mint, portion of your trip and Cuba flights separately? It should come out to the same price.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Seth Moore
Why not book the domestic, Mint, portion of your trip and Cuba flights separately? It should come out to the same price.
Yes, I've considered that too but it all just seemed very odd to me. I've also flown B6 for a grand total of four segments, so I didn't know if it was something about B6 that I just wasn't aware of.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Seth Moore
That sounds odd but it could be due to how the system handles Cuba flights.

Might that lead to issues in the event of a misconnect or if the OP is looking to check bags straight through to HAV?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Yes, I've considered that too but it all just seemed very odd to me. I've also flown B6 for a grand total of four segments, so I didn't know if it was something about B6 that I just wasn't aware of.
It seems to be a system limitation. If you want to book it on jetBlue.com you would have to book the segments separately. Going through FLL would be the best option as the Mint flights are cheaper and there are multiple onward connections to Cuba from there. You can still check bags through at the counter.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The company doesn't always file through fares for all city pairs in the Mint fare classes. Looks like that is the case for these pairs.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:31 pm

Mixed class itineraries.

Generally, you cannot book a mixed class itinerary on the internet. Since Mint (business class) isn't available on the Havana flights, they won't show availability in business class and you won't be able to book them.

As the previous poster said, you can try to book the two segments separately, one in Mint and the other in Core. You can then call JetBlue and try to get them to combine all the segments into one itinerary so that the luggage gets transferred and you don't have to pick it up at the carousel at JFK on the way to Cuba just to go back through security for the next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.