Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Encountered various issues with it on my last trip...I guess some others did as well as they did a "hard reset" of the fly-fi system.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
You are not alone.

I commute btwn JFK and LAX weekly and experience issues with macbook and ipad on FlyFi.. Everyone else on a non-mac around me has no problem.

I tried to get help onboard without success. Then tried to email to get help directly from the FlyFi provisioning company Exede who did not bother to answer the call for assistance.

After two back to back trips without any connectivity, multiple hard resets, regrettably I stopped flying JetBlue Mint and jumped back to AA. At least the gogo, albeit painfully slow, seems to work consistently for staying in touch with the ground.

Really wish JetBlue and Exede would address the unreliability.

Last edited by cyber1k; Feb 4, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Flew Mint Friday to Boston and didn't have any issues this time. Maybe they fixed the problem. Will see how it goes tomorrow for the return.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:42 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Had issues on LGA-BOS on Friday on my iPhone. Connected on the ground and it worked fine there and in the air for about 15 min until the signal dropped for a few min. Afterwards, it showed "connected" but I couldn't load anything for the rest of the fight, even though I could see other people having no issues.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dw
Had issues on LGA-BOS on Friday on my iPhone. Connected on the ground and it worked fine there and in the air for about 15 min until the signal dropped for a few min. Afterwards, it showed "connected" but I couldn't load anything for the rest of the fight, even though I could see other people having no issues.
Used it the whole flight this morning from JFK to BOS with my iPhone with no issues.

Working well on the Mint flight as well.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:47 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm on a flight right now, and while FT works fine, Facebook and GMail do not. It appears that websites that force/require HTTPS will not work, including JetBlue's own website (on pages where you need to log in). Any way around this?

Last edited by diburning; Feb 7, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I had similar issues on my trip last month where I connected on the ground and then had trouble once we were airborne. Glad to hear it's not just me.

I also travel with a MacBook Pro, iPad and 2 iPhones so this is concerning to me as I use the flight time to work usually.

I will also add that this last trip didn't even ask me to identify myself upon logging on. It just took me right online. I'll see how this week's trip goes.

Thank you JetBlueFA for keeping us posted.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:53 pm

I think I've discovered something.

The FlyFi works with HTTPS at first. But, later in the flight, the FlyFi signal will drop, then when it comes back, HTTPS no longer works, but sites that do not use HTTPS, such as FT, will still work. I know it's not my computer dropping the connection, but rather the wifi router as HTTPS sites no longer work on all devices that I have tried.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
A connectivity fix is currently being pushed out to all the planes. Currently it is on 21 tails with more added daily. It will help to greatly improve the experience.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
A connectivity fix is currently being pushed out to all the planes. Currently it is on 21 tails with more added daily. It will help to greatly improve the experience.
Finally. Frustrating that JetBlue wasn't upfront about the issues.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA

Thrilled to hear a solution may be in progress. I've had FlyFi fails on last 4 out of 5 flights. I've been booking away from B6 to AA F for my weekly transcon commute to avoid the FlyFi glitch.

Let me know when its safe to board JBU Mint again. I need to work with folks on the ground while heading to work in NYC. Reliable WiFi is essential. Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:25 pm

Flyfi has failed me for 2 out of 3 flights this month. It seems to be worse on the A320s than the E190s although it might be that I'm not on the E190s long enough for the problem to occur (short hops)
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
There was a major issue that inflight reported where customers would connect on the ground and at the gate and once we took off and hit 10,000ft the service would kick them off and not allow them to reconnect. It took a while for the culprit to be found and track down the code and implement a fix. I, personally, think some more testing should have been done before rolling out gate-to-gate but it think they wanted to get it out and deal with problems as the came up. I've been back to flying the 190 over the last few months and I haven't had anybody tell me they were having issues. So I think this may have been relegated to the Airbus but I can't comment to the truth behind that.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:18 pm

I've been flying FLL to the northeast lately, and FlyFi always drops out over the Atlantic (on AR7, for pilots out there, just abeam Savannah). It doesn't come back until actually crossing over Wilmington, NC, and sometimes there is the https problem at that time.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:54 pm

That is exactly what happened to me on FLL-BOS last Saturday on an E190. The other flight where HTTPS wouldn't work was CLE-FLL earlier that week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.