Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I'll pass the HTTPS issues up the chain
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:42 am

There is a bug in the code that is blocking HTTPS sites that are unsecured. There is a fix that is being sent to the aircraft as we speak. As of this morning, it has been deployed to 43 tails.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:48 pm

Am on "Whole lotta Blue" right now, PHL-FLL and the Flyfi was much better. Only lost coverage for about 10 minutes just south of Wilmington. Came back fine, even at the farthest point offshore.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:17 am

If you keep seeing errors or issues continue to post them and I'll throw them up the chain.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Is there a timeline for all planes being updated?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Is there a timeline for all planes being updated?
Should be a month or less. They are getting updated as they overnight in hub cities
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
There is a bug in the code that is blocking HTTPS sites that are unsecured. There is a fix that is being sent to the aircraft as we speak. As of this morning, it has been deployed to 43 tails.
Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:21 am

Should be a month or less. They are getting updated as they overnight in hub cities
Thanks for the update
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Smile

No issues so far inflight from MCO to EWR on this E190. Really love the free wifi; I pay $50 a month on American.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:09 am

I'm using it right now CLT-BOS and haven't seen any issues. Looks like most of the planes have been updated with the new patch.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:40 am

Https not working

I'm on flight 62 from pbi to lga and https sites aren't working. I think the plane is Flying Blue Yonder

Update : https started working again halfway through the flight

Last edited by jay_dubya; Mar 13, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I'm on flight 62 from pbi to lga and https sites aren't working. I think the plane is Flying Blue Yonder

Update : https started working again halfway through the flight

Was this on March 13? I'll pass along the info. You did pass quite a way off shore so it may have been a coverage issue. About the time you said it came back you went back over land. Please let me know if you encounter the issue again!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:11 pm

Was this on March 13? I'll pass along the info. You did pass quite a way off shore so it may have been a coverage issue. About the time you said it came back you went back over land. Please let me know if you encounter the issue again!
Yes this was on March 13th. There were some gaps in coverage, but there were also times when unsecured sites worked and secured sites didn't.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Sorry, bumping this thread because I'm having all kinds of issues on BOS-SFO and SFO-BOS. Flew out to SFO on Tuesday and FlyFi couldn't last five minutes without collapsing (on a Mac). Certainly couldn't stream anything on Amazon (or anywhere else). I filled out the post-flight survey and, to their credit, I had an email from a tech person asking for my MAC address to fix the problem.

Please note: I have no idea what a MAC address is or what it does. As far as I know, the MAC address could be the place that they send Apple products to.

I'm on the way home and access is a little better, although it still seems to blink on and off. Streaming on Amazon Prime still isn't working. My iPhone can't get online at all. The FAs are sympathetic but can't seem to do anything about it.

I fully accept the fact that at 30,000 feet, WiFi is not going to be perfect and JetBlue has built up a ton of goodwill with me over time by always doing the right thing when something goes wrong (or even when it doesn't). On the other hand, flying in Mint costs a pretty penny and, given all the bragging that they do about their Fly-Fi service, am I wrong to expect the coverage issues to be intermittent, rather than pretty much the whole flight?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Sorry, bumping this thread because I'm having all kinds of issues on BOS-SFO and SFO-BOS. Flew out to SFO on Tuesday and FlyFi couldn't last five minutes without collapsing (on a Mac). Certainly couldn't stream anything on Amazon (or anywhere else). I filled out the post-flight survey and, to their credit, I had an email from a tech person asking for my MAC address to fix the problem.

Please note: I have no idea what a MAC address is or what it does. As far as I know, the MAC address could be the place that they send Apple products to.

I'm on the way home and access is a little better, although it still seems to blink on and off. Streaming on Amazon Prime still isn't working. My iPhone can't get online at all. The FAs are sympathetic but can't seem to do anything about it.

I fully accept the fact that at 30,000 feet, WiFi is not going to be perfect and JetBlue has built up a ton of goodwill with me over time by always doing the right thing when something goes wrong (or even when it doesn't). On the other hand, flying in Mint costs a pretty penny and, given all the bragging that they do about their Fly-Fi service, am I wrong to expect the coverage issues to be intermittent, rather than pretty much the whole flight?

Thanks,
Mike
Maybe this would help?
https://www.google.com/search?ei=ppM....0.J_6_xeh27sU

http://www.iclarified.com/30929/how-...ss-in-mac-os-x

The question is if other airlines UA/DL on this route that charge about the same for lie flat seat offer consistent wifi access for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.