Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Cancellations and Delays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:53 am
Original Poster

JetBlue Cancellations and Delays

Is it my imagination or does JetBlue have more cancellations and delays than most of the other airlines? I have flown with them 4 times in the last year and 2 out of the 4 times they cancelled our flight within 2 days of the flight, neither time because of weather (Although technically they called the second cancellation a weather cancellation even though every other airline flew that day.)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

I dont have an answer to your question. However Id rather have my flight CXed then run into rolling delays and end up being CXed like most carriers do,UA is known for this, they will keep pushing off the flight till eventually they just CX on me. It would have been alot easier if they did like JB and CX from get go, and then I could make other arrangements or CX the whole trip and let everyone know
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

But the flip side is, JetBlue cancels your flight 36 hours before because of an impending storm and then the storm moves away and you have a cancelled flight on a day with perfect weather for no reason. You say "It would have been alot easier if they did like JB and CX from get go, and then I could make other arrangements". You mean other arrangements like book on all the other airlines that are flying because they didn't cancel 36 hours before for a storm that might or not actually happen? Any pay triple or quadruple the price for a last minute ticket?

I guess if that works for you, fine - for me I would rather fly with an airline that will at least make every attempt to actually get my flight out.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbsearchlight
But the flip side is, JetBlue cancels your flight 36 hours before because of an impending storm and then the storm moves away and you have a cancelled flight on a day with perfect weather for no reason. You say "It would have been alot easier if they did like JB and CX from get go, and then I could make other arrangements". You mean other arrangements like book on all the other airlines that are flying because they didn't cancel 36 hours before for a storm that might or not actually happen? Any pay triple or quadruple the price for a last minute ticket?

I guess if that works for you, fine - for me I would rather fly with an airline that will at least make every attempt to actually get my flight out.
"other arrangements" in not going then and making a new trip and set up work for when I thought I would be away

Yea I much prefer a 36 hr adv cx then day of or rolling delays and then a cx, but understand some folks would rather have that

A few yrs ago JB didnt do adv cxing and everyone screamed at them for not doing so, I guess its they lose if they dont or if they do do it
bmg42000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.