Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
There's always alternative points that give 3x. Oh well.
Who else gives 3x at Amazon?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by be001
Hilton cards start at 3x minimum points with additional earning for certain categories.

Honestly, I don't order that much from Amazon that I have racked up a whopping slew of points from this, rather than some here and there. But, like everyone else sorry to see it go. What I won't miss is seeing something interesting while browsing Amazon, and then having to go over to the JetBlue portal for purchase; that part has been a slight pain.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:09 pm

oh right, yes and att card of course still earns 3x
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I suppose it was only a matter of time. Oh well. I buy quite a few books at Barnes and Noble now that we don't have prime, so I suppose I'll live.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by be001
the obvious ones I know are:

Chase Ink Plus to purchase amazon gift cards at physical office supply stores earns 5x UR (extend to whatever current form of Ink earns 5x at office supply stores).

Amazon visa credit card earns 5% for amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases for prime members, 3% for non-prime members. (No annual fee, Chase, ...)

Credit cards like Chase Freedom with quarterly revolving 5x bonus categories have included amazon, etc in certain quarters.

What we're really losing here is the ability to stack the jet blue offer on top of these.

-David
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:00 pm

Would like to know any affiliate link that will reward me for buying on amazon, no matter what form of purchase I use. I buy a lot of stuff for work from amazon but I use company credit cards. Anyone else have an affiliate link that will reward me for using company credit cards?

It looks like the Amazon affiliate program pays out 15% of the purchase unless I am reading it wrong. Kind of surprised they are getting rid of it. If this is correct they have received $3000 based on the 20K I have spent. I have gotten a small portion of that back in points. Seems like they would be making pretty good money off it.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They're probably getting rid of it due to tracking issues with cookies and/or complaints about it.

As for alternative points that give 3% cash back, I guess some places were doing promos for the flat 3%. Now, all other alternative points places and GPTs are back to doing departments/categories at Amazon

Now the question is, if I buy something now, will the points still post 30 days from now or is the program gone for good on 3/27? I'll shoot them a message on twitter and see what I get for a response.
I received an answer. 3/27 is the last day to make a purchase outside of FlyFi. Purchases made between now and then will still earn points.

I wonder if I can connect to FlyFi from the gate if I'm not flying JetBlue,
and place my orders that way
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I wonder if I can connect to FlyFi from the gate if I'm not flying JetBlue,
and place my orders that way
Signs you've been at FT way too long! 😉
​​​​
diburning and TravelBlerd like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Several
Such a shame they're finally ending the program. I would think it would have been financially lucrative for JetBlue as Amazon seems to have pretty good affiliate rates, or they do publicly at least. The 5% back and 3 points/dollar was a nice combo! I wish I had more time to rack up points, but I just learned that my US Bank Cash+ card is starting a new indefinite 5% category: utilities. That'll help offset my disappointment a little.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Originally Posted by travelindandy
I hadn't done it in a bit, but are Visa Gift Cards no longer earning 3x as well? When they stopped awarding on the Amazon cards themselves I discovered I could still get it buying Visa Gift Cards. I know there's the activation fee, but it still got me some points.
I'm not sure. I bought some restaurant/retail physical gift cards that earned during the promotion when I was targeting some minimum spend #s . I imagine the Visa gift cards probably do earn still, but the old method of buying Amazon gift cards then using them to buy merchandise for 6x has been dead for a while
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
They're probably getting rid of it due to tracking issues with cookies and/or complaints about it.

As for alternative points that give 3% cash back, I guess some places were doing promos for the flat 3%. Now, all other alternative points places and GPTs are back to doing departments/categories at Amazon
I'm fairly certain you're correct. This thread is filled with people complaining about the posting delays and variability, when this is the nature of the Amazon affiliate reporting, not a flaw in the JetBlue offer. They likely became overwhelmed with the support requests.

The other possibilitity is that too many figured out how to game the return, causing their margin to diminish. The Amazon Associates program pays different percentages by category, sometimes double digits, other times nothing. The JetBlue offer paid 3x regardless of category. When a category like Shoes was paying 10%, I would break up my order and use a cash back portal or a direct Associates link to maximize the return there, then place a second order using the JetBlue offer to earn 3x on items that would otherwise earn 0% or negligible cash back. JetBlue was subsidizing me by issuing 3x when Amazon wasn't paying them commissions on my orders .Not sustainable with enough people doing the same.

Of course, all this was on top of the 5x UR points (worth about 9%) + 15% S&S discounts on items 3camels alerts me have broken price thresholds that I use to stock my pantry on the cheap, and none of that goes away. Great icing while it lasted! Now someone just needs to decipher how the Amazon Associates links are coded to signify an in-flight purchases versus non, then we can keep using this :-)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mooper
Now someone just needs to decipher how the Amazon Associates links are coded to signify an in-flight purchases versus non, then we can keep using this :-)
I'll poke around on my flight this afternoon if I have time but my guess is they'll use source IP address to filter it rather than a code in the links. Way more reliable and harder to spoof.
mooper likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'll poke around on my flight this afternoon if I have time but my guess is they'll use source IP address to filter it rather than a code in the links. Way more reliable and harder to spoof.
Good point, and could be so, though would need to be on JetBlue's side because I don't believe Amazon Associates links have any IP filtering configurable by the Associate. In other words, JetBlue could control which IP addresses are valid to generate a dynamic Amazon Associates affiliate link, but once the link is generated, as long as the program's TOS aren't violated, Amazon won't filter valid orders based upon IP. Therefore, if itsi possible to determine the format for valid Associates links, they should work from anywhere.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Let's me optimistic folks, maybe Jet Blue is lining up another major partner for 3x miles
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Don't hold your breath. JetBlue's implementation of non-unique programs such as TrueBlue Dining (Rewards Network) or ShopTrue (Points.com/Collinson Latitude) are always lamer versions (ie pays less) of other airlines' versions of the same programs. The Amazon partnership was unique. Even JetBlue's own credit card signup bonuses pale in comparison to other airlines, yet JetBlue's points are worth slightly less than some airlines' miles since the awards are based on the cash fare.

I hope it doesn't dissuade them from trying something new though. A MileagePlusX type of thing would probably not be too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.