Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Nhwhtrshlax
I just received points for purchases in the first week of May. In my experience, points have been about 5-7 weeks behind the actual purchase and they come in bunches. I maintain a spreadsheet and they haven't missed any points that I was entitled to. I will note that you need to follow the steps exactly to get the points. I tried to move some items from "Saved for Later" but the points didn't come through. I haven't tried putting items in my cart and then going through the link on TrueBlue afterwards but I suspect that wouldn't work either like it does with other portals (like Ebates).
The language actually says anything added to your cart "within 24 hours" will count. I usually add things into my cart the night before, stop by the store the next morning for a 5x or 4.5x gift card, and complete the purchase in the morning. Seems to be working fine.

Just had a batch of 4000 points or so post today. I think they were from early May purchase.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
I haven't seen points since early Feb.
Since early Feb, received pts for 4/24 and 5/2. I can't figure out how the pts are calculated as I didn't purchase anything 1/3 of the points awarded for those dates +/- a few days. Still haven't received points for about a dozen purchases in Feb, Mar and Apr.

Lyft pts post much much faster.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:01 pm

I just received points for purchases in the first week of May.
Thanks .. also see several updates up through May 8 in my true blue account.

-David
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:52 am

Gift Cards?

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
The language actually says anything added to your cart "within 24 hours" will count. I usually add things into my cart the night before, stop by the store the next morning for a 5x or 4.5x gift card, and complete the purchase in the morning. Seems to be working fine.

Just had a batch of 4000 points or so post today. I think they were from early May purchase.
What kind of gift cards are you purchasing for this?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have my wife put things she wants in saved for later, then I go through the link and add them. I don't always remember and don't keep records, but are folks saying that doesn't work?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I have my wife put things she wants in saved for later, then I go through the link and add them. I don't always remember and don't keep records, but are folks saying that doesn't work?
My wife does the same thing. I tested out the "saved for later" method with purchases on 5/3. I've received points for purchases through 5/8 but did not receive credit for about 850 points from the 5/3 "saved for later" order. I usually just copy the name of the item and paste it into the search bar after I go though the Amazon link and add it to my cart. It's a couple extra steps but it ensures I get the points.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:55 pm

Good info for a lot of people. I recommend the Amazon Prime Visa through Chase to anyone with a Prime membership. While 5% cash back is not quite as valuable as using the Chase Freedom or another card with 5x points, it is still a good, convenient option.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by MJ Johnson
What kind of gift cards are you purchasing for this?
just a grocery store bought amazon giftcard. 5x freedom rotating category or otherwise using my AMEX EDP for 4.5x. Alternatively, if you don't have either card, you can always buy from the United MXP app. Loading GCs on Amazon doesn't count. But purchasing something with your gc balance does.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:28 pm

Good info for a lot of people. I recommend the Amazon Prime Visa through Chase to anyone with a Prime membership. While 5% cash back is not quite as valuable as using the Chase Freedom or another card with 5x points, it is still a good, convenient option.
Depending on your goals and cards, 5% cash back can still be a good choice.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Just because I have been vocally critical: points have started posting reliably again in the past 2 weeks.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:13 am

Does buying Amazon gc's still work?

I know officially it shouldn't but I'm looking for actual dp's
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by NeYo
Does buying Amazon gc's still work?

I know officially it shouldn't but I'm looking for actual dp's
Buying GCs on Amazon never worked. Using your gc balance does work though.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:12 pm

Buying GCs on Amazon never worked. Using your gc balance does work though.
It used to work, I'm looking for more recent DP's
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:04 pm

You are right, it used to work, they weren't excluded initially, then they excluded GCs and it stopped working.

You can always try it for $25 and report back in case it works for you.

-David
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NeYo
It used to work, I'm looking for more recent DP's
Be the point you want to see and help your fellow man!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.