Multi-City Baggage Fees?

Old Nov 27, 16, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Multi-City Baggage Fees?

I'm looking to book FLL-BOS, but I've found that if I connect through EWR I could save a decent chunk of change ($60 or so) as both one ways add up to less than the direct or any other connection offered. It's not offered as a connection if I try to book FLL-BOS, but the connection time is ~1.5 hours (which should be doable) and I can force the routing if I try to book it as a multi-city.

I know that I will have to pay $20 for my bag as the multi-city booking only yields Blue fares and not Blue Plus. Now, my question is, if FLL-EWR-BOS is booked on one PNR via multi-city tool, would I be able to check my bag from FLL-BOS, or will the system still see this as two separate flights and refuse to do so, or will they charge me $20 per segment (in which case, I'd still end up ahead, but would rather not have to claim and recheck the bag)

Last edited by diburning; Nov 28, 16 at 12:06 am
Old Jan 16, 19, 2:14 pm

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
I'd like to bump this as I have a similar question for UIO- FLL-DCA, where I'd like a 12 hour connection that multi city offers as compared to the 4 hour one offered directly. Would Jetblue charge $30 for baggage just once in this case?