B6 less reliable lately?

Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

B6 less reliable lately?

Is it just me or are JetBlue's planes becoming less and less reliable these past couple of years? I've experienced significantly more mechanical delays and non-functional IFEs in the past year. I'd say 1/4 of my flights in 2018 had a malfunctioning TV in one way or another.

What's changed?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:51 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Maybe it's partially due to fleet age? The majority of JetBlue's fleet is made up of A320s (129 total) with an average age of 13.4 years. They have newer A321s (62 of them) which are an average of 2.5 years old, with the remainder (60) being E190/195s with an average age of 10.2 years. You might want to pay attention to the aircraft type the next time your flight goes mechanical. Odds are it will be an A320 or E190/195 as older planes tend to break down more.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jan 11, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Yup mostly E190s (I fly BOS-JFK alot) with the issues.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Agree on this; I've had issues way more in the last year than before that.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Hopefully as the 320's get the cabin refresh the reliability issues come down?

Although this may be more for the entertainment systems
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
This has been discussed in other threads here as well. Issues seem to be more the norm these days than not having issues. I've seen it with the entertainment systems, FlyFi and mechanical issues in general across all aircraft types including the A321.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
Yes I've noticed it more the past few years. Most of my flights are on 321 with Mint and I figure about 20% of the time either my husband or I had problems with IFE. One time I had absolutely nothing - whole system was down in my seat and they would not let me change seats as only EMS was available but did give me a $10 credit.

No I don't have a device where I could do my own streaming.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by VEGAS1
Yes I've noticed it more the past few years. Most of my flights are on 321 with Mint and I figure about 20% of the time either my husband or I had problems with IFE. One time I had absolutely nothing - whole system was down in my seat and they would not let me change seats as only EMS was available but did give me a $10 credit.

No I don't have a device where I could do my own streaming.
You were in a core seat and they didn't move you to an EMS seat?
That's cheap, especially because on my last two flights they were more than happy to move folks with non-working TV's to EMS seats that had them working.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.